Next Prime Minister

If the bookies know something we don't, Boris will be our next PM. Best odds you'll get are about 13/10. I predict Boris and Trump would be the best buddies since Regan and Thatcher.

Second and third favourites are Dominic Raab and Michael. Gove.

God (if you're there) help us all......

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you name the last time that the favourite won the the Tory leadership challenge - even in your lifetime?

I think that Rory Stewart has made a bit of a balls up putting his head above the parapet. In small doses, an expensive  education and a posh accent can give the impression of intelligence. The little extra light shown on him so far reveals him to be a bit of a cretin.

Ruth must be sheighting herself at the prospect of Boris. 

2 hours ago, Teuchter said:

Can you name the last time that the favourite won the the Tory leadership challenge - even in your lifetime?

I think that Rory Stewart has made a bit of a balls up putting his head above the parapet. In small doses, an expensive  education and a posh accent can give the impression of intelligence. The little extra light shown on him so far reveals him to be a bit of a cretin.

Ruth must be sheighting herself at the prospect of Boris. 

I just might be havering but was Theresa May not the favourite last time the Tories had a leadership contest?

21 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I just might be havering but was Theresa May not the favourite last time the Tories had a leadership contest?

I thought she became PM by default after all the supposed favourites withdrew their candidacy?  Johnson, Gove, the rest, realised that Brexit would be their legacy and werent prepared to put their name to it.

Ive said before and I will say again, as much as shes been ****, I do respect May for taking the reins and having a go, while everybody else stood back and passed the buck.  

I think that the next leader will be Jeremy Hunt, though Id quite like to see Javid take over as he might be able to tone down some of the overly nationalist ****e thats rising.

Although I do laugh at staunch SNP supporters who criticise right wing nationalists, while failing to recognise similar traits in themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Sadly it is looking like Boris will win. What an easily duped, toff venerating, cap doffing, twat infested ****hole we have as our neighbours. The only possible compensation that could result from a Johnson premiership would be if he is the last ever PM of the U.K. and that the Union dissolves on his watch.

I really would like to hear a coherent argument for the Union now. Nationalism is of course a bag of divisive ****e, but by sticking with U.K. you are simply opting to adhere to the very worst jingoistic form of it. Even most decent English people think we would be mad not to bail out.

The country (UK) is in the position its in because too many are disinterested enough that they lazily view and share Facebook headlines without reading the related blog.  Those that read blogs, fail to understand that these generally one-sided, that in order to form their own opinion, perhaps they need to read the opposing views, and decide for themselves where the truth lies, rather than blinding their friends political shares and likes.  

The fact that Facebook and Twitter give idiots a voice to share half-***ed views that more idiots share without review or thought is part of of why this country is in the state its in.  For what its worth,  I think that Johnson will shake up politics enough that folk will start to take an interest again.  Which could be considered a compensation resulting from him becoming leader?

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

The country (UK) is in the position its in because too many are disinterested enough that they lazily view and share Facebook headlines without reading the related blog.  Those that read blogs, fail to understand that these generally one-sided, that in order to form their own opinion, perhaps they need to read the opposing views, and decide for themselves where the truth lies, rather than blinding their friends political shares and likes.  

The fact that Facebook and Twitter give idiots a voice to share half-***ed views that more idiots share without review or thought is part of of why this country is in the state its in.  For what its worth,  I think that Johnson will shake up politics enough that folk will start to take an interest again.  Which could be considered a compensation resulting from him becoming leader?

I think that what you say applies equally to the left as to the right - although I think this is what you meant as you make no distinction (the left seem to have a conceit that they are more intelligent and above this kind of behaviour).

The only thing I disagree with is your conclusion. The experience of  Trump in the U.S.A. tells us that even if there is a rise in interest in politics, it will be of the variety that hits own goal after own goal and just serves to entrench those in power and continue to polarise the population.

1 hour ago, Teuchter said:

I think that what you say applies equally to the left as to the right - although I think this is what you meant as you make no distinction (the left seem to have a conceit that they are more intelligent and above this kind of behaviour).

Absolutely applies both ways.  Left, right, Brexit, Remain, Yes, No. 

I also amuses me the amount of Scottish nationalists who pour scorn on BoJo's Brexit tactics, yet blindly accept anything and everything the likes of Wings Over Scotland publish.  There is no precedence of a Brexit situation, just there is no precedence of life outside the UK, and both parties are guilty of some misleading guesstimates about prosperous our lives will be. 

And I get the impression that in an independent Scotland, Sturgeon would be more right wing than left - yet SNP followers brush their teeth after saying "Tory". 

20 minutes ago, The Bad Guy said:

I am an advocate of Scottish independence but largely ignore anything that Wings over Scotland publishes because I believe he does more harm than good.

He is a very divisive guy and, in my opinion at least, there is something quite sinister about him.

Archived