Sunderland

Paradox

Gutted for John Potter, who is a lovely human being. Just as there's no better feeling than a last minute winner, there's nothing worse than losing with the last kick of the ball.

I hope Sunderland give their coaching team at least another season to take them up. Too many draws did them in the end.

I think one thing that goes in their favour is that there has been a lot of comment on how Sunderland fans have re-engaged with the club this season.

You could argue that by not going up, ultimately they have underachieved, but Sunderland are a club with a history of hiring and firing managers quite regularly in recent seasons.

22 minutes ago, Paradox said:

Sunderland are a club with a history of hiring and firing managers quite regularly in recent seasons......

Under the American owner ..... and we all know that Americans can be overly demanding whilst not really understanding how real football really works.

Now that they are back in the hands of a Brit, I think a more pragmatic approach will be taken, and the new owner will look for stability as a base to build on for next season.  Ross stopped the rot, they are winning games, ultimately fell at the last hurdle, but its a starting point for next year.

9 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Under the American owner ..... and we all know that Americans can be overly demanding whilst not really understanding how real football really works.

Now that they are back in the hands of a Brit, I think a more pragmatic approach will be taken, and the new owner will look for stability as a base to build on for next season.  Ross stopped the rot, they are winning games, ultimately fell at the last hurdle, but its a starting point for next year.

I agree.  And i hope that Sunderland stick with their current management team.

Archived