The Ashes

19 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Not a great score really though.

Hard to say - finished on 284, which sounds about par. When I posted before I hadn't realised that it was 8-122 at one point though!

Will depend what England do today - 88/1 at the moment but not sure if conditions are different for them.

I think the weather conditions are fairly similar to yesterday. I think that Englands batsmen have learnt a lesson from yesterday, like the way the pitch is playing, how the ball was pitching and the like.  At the moment, it looks like Roots and Burns have got their eyes in and have been slowly cultivating their innings, rather than chasing shots or forcing runs.

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I think the weather conditions are fairly similar to yesterday. I think that Englands batsmen have learnt a lesson from yesterday, like the way the pitch is playing, how the ball was pitching and the like.  At the moment, it looks like Roots and Burns have got their eyes in and have been slowly cultivating their innings, rather than chasing shots or forcing runs.

And Root goes! Curse of the commenter! :-)

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Yeah... seen that.  

I should really stop commenting on some topics as Im made to look like a complete tool when the opposite starts to happen!! 

Ha ha :-)

136-9 now. An injured Jimmy Anderson (and Woakes) trying to hang on for the best part of 50 overs. Not a question of if, but when, surely.

Archived