Bury FC

Bury expelled.  Although there are still talks ongoing about a rescue of some sort.

Bolton have 14 days.

I think the FA, the PL, and the EFL need to get together and put some sort of fighting fund in place - Bury and Bolton arent likely to be the last to suffer this fate.

15 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Seems as though the deal to buy Bury has collapsed.

Both Bury and Bolton have run out of time according to the EFL. 

Bolton given extension and Bury expelled from EFL.

Strange they have granted a extension to Bolton considering what the administration company had said about starting the process of winding up the club today.

4 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

Strange they have granted a extension to Bolton considering what the administration company had said about starting the process of winding up the club today.

Bolton had at least taken steps towards administration, whereas Im not sure that Bury did?  A CVA in place makes Bolton slightly more attractive as takeover/investment opportunity I think?  Perhaps the EFL think so too? 

2 hours ago, the saline hill puma said:

Bury were not in administration. I think their owner is a bit of a basket case.

The guy bought Bury after surviving Lukaemia.  From what I can make out he did it is a hobby, and probably hoped to make a few bucks by running the club sensibly.  My guess is that he didnt realise the capital investment required and ended up putting in more of his own cash than he wanted to. 

I dont agree with how he's acted, but I guess I can understand it.  He wanted a toy, it cost him more than he could afford, he needs to recoup his losses, so he put a price tag on the club.  He's probably overvalued the club, but, if you think about it, the land for Gigg Lane alone is probably worth a few million for redevelopment, a Tesco or housing.  I guess he still owns the land? 

Like I say, I understand it, even if I dont agree with it. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived