Iconic album covers

This is one of my favourites - not particularly iconic, but it looks like they are about to do a bank job ahead of getting nicked by the Sweeney 40 minutes later. 

On the phone so can’t download, but covers that spring to mind are The Clash’s first album - and London Calling as above, The Specials first LP, Ian Dury New Boots and Panties, Stones Let it Bleed, Bowie Ziggy, Any Beatles studio (except Abbey Road - to avoid execution) The Who Sell Out and Who’s Next (alfresco plshing tastic)

There are loads really and probably revealing of age as there are no doubt iconic covers still coming thick and fast - although I am not sure what effect the advent of CDs had on covers.

4A10D89A-0829-4052-BE66-B0E5FF032A47.jpeg

Morning Glory was a bigger album launching Oasis to a wider audience around the world.  If iconic, as far as this thread is concerned, means instantly recognisable album, Id suggest a greater audience for Morning Glory makes it more iconic than Definitely Maybe. Perhaps?

Guest The Beer Baron

Definitely Maybe and WTSMG are as good as each other, but WTSMG is definitely more iconic. Perhaps biased but was my first Oasis album and still a go to today.

Archived