Anybody mind this game?

scottyboy

Unfortunately. It was my first ever game. 

All I can remember is Charlie Nicholas scored 5, I called Danny McGrain "a bum" (I was 6) and I dropped my newly opened packet of crisps from the top tier of the main stand into the enclosure. 

It was not a happy evening.

12 hours ago, Digs said:

Unfortunately. It was my first ever game. 

All I can remember is Charlie Nicholas scored 5, I called Danny McGrain "a bum" (I was 6) and I dropped my newly opened packet of crisps from the top tier of the main stand into the enclosure. 

It was not a happy evening.

TBF It was a decent Celtic team. Nicholas was some talent on his day, which he was unfortunately against us.

16 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

yep was there painful lesson. If you look at the press report it states the crowd as 8,000

Looking at the pictures it looks at least double that! 

Now you mention it, definitely. I think perhaps the taxman lost out that day.

Looks like early 80s going by the kit, and Nicholas’s form.

You know the saying, "There are lies, damned lies and statistics"?

It always makes me think of this game. I read a report, possibly in the "Press" that Celtic had 9 shots on target, the Pars had 13.....

I don't think our goalkeeper (Hillcoat?) played another game for thePars

20 hours ago, GG Riva said:

You know the saying, "There are lies, damned lies and statistics"?

It always makes me think of this game. I read a report, possibly in the "Press" that Celtic had 9 shots on target, the Pars had 13.....

I don't think our goalkeeper (Hillcoat?) played another game for thePars

John Hillcoat was way after this, a good 10-15 years. Shug Whyte was in goals that night. I also says so in the press clipping above 😂

10 minutes ago, Digs said:

John Hillcoat was way after this, a good 10-15 years. Shug Whyte was in goals that night. I also says so in the press clipping above 😂

Ah, I thought this was the painful, 1-8 game? Maybe the Auldtimers is kicking in....☹

Guest The Beer Baron
17 hours ago, Al k said:

It isn't half, wasn't that Roddy Mckenzie?

Bryn Haliwell. Same game that Stephen Simmons backed off Neil Lennon ffs and let him score.

also a small footnote, Toddy equalized that day.

On 02/05/2020 at 07:45, Yorkie said:

Looking at our line up, Bobby Dall and Ford ( can't mind his first name but can still picture him) in the back four  still gives me nightmares.

That was Bobby Ford who scored the first ever goal in the new fangled premier league in the mid 70s (for Dundee). Remember the game well @scottyboy

Archived