Are things so bad?

Paradox

Much has been said and written recently about the poor performances of the team overall over the past few weeks.

Whilst I am no 'happy clapper', there needs to be some perspective here I think.  We haven't conceded a goal in weeks, and remain unbeaten for a number of games.

We're still neck and neck with Ayr, but need to start scoring goals again.

It could be worse - we could be Chelsea! ?

A few weeks back, there were folks saying we would stroll this league.

We are a footballing team first and foremost, but we seem to be lacking an alternative game plan if we don't score first in games.

That said, I think most Pars fans would have been happy if they were offered the start we have made.

I very optimistic about our chances of promotion, and I hope it's because we will win the league.

We're not letting goals in and we'll start scoring again, no fears on that front.

However if Ayr are our biggest problem and we'll see how much we've recovered when we play them over 2 matches soon enough.

McCall was saying on the radio that his team played poorly, and in truth all teams will have drops in form. It could be easily argued that our form dipped for the past two weeks but we seem to have picked up well against Airdrie. It now seems we are in a two horse race and having done the playoff thing twice I really don't want to accept 2nd place again. The next game against Ayr will be crucial.

Such is the gap between the top two and the rest, that I think now it will be largely down to the head-to-head results with us and Ayr.  Ayr seem to be playing poorly in some games, but still winning, much the same as us.

Ironically, had we not lost to them at home in the league, we would have been top now!

Not fussed for the cup game, other than if we win on their patch, it gives us some positive edge to take into the league game on December 12th.

Hopefully, we carry on winning, and Ayr slip up before then though!

Archived