English Fan behavior

Fifes Elite

Not pleasant reading. I seen a few videos last night of fights in the ground and fans breaking through barriers. I haven't seen the kid getting punched though

https://www.givemesport.com/1720116-euro-2020-final-reported-details-of-england-fan-behaviour-around-italy-defeat-emerge

• Kings Cross evacuated due to pyro
  • Fights with police and arrests for disorderly behaviour
  • Wembley briefly locked down as ticketless fans stormed the concourse
  • Eyewitness claims that fans broke in through a disable entrance
  • Video of an adult punching a child in the head
  • Video of a group of men punching an Asian man on the floor
  • Bottles thrown to smash a Burger King window
  • Stars, aisles and disable area overrun by fans without tickets
  • Paying supporters have allocated seats stolen
  • Scuffles between fans with and without tickets
  • All licensed premises within five miles closed

This is what was known in the 1980s as British hooliganism.

It is a shame for the vast majority of decent English fans who will no doubt suffer the consequences of this one way or the other.

You can add the abhorrent racism to this also, something that has undoubtedly been emboldened by dog whistling politicians.

From reading witnesses they felt it was co-ordinated and organised storming the ground. The FA have done allot of working in trying to deal with the hooligan element of the support and restricted them from traveling to away games. Obviously its more difficult at home

I sense that amongst the general disappointment down sauwf, the hooligan element hasn't featured as much as expected with the focus being placed on moving forward and winning the World Cup next year. However I do note the element of double standards evident in mainstream media when Scottish fans partied in Leicester Sq. I'm not saying that all Scottish fans were all pious and of model behaviour, but what I have seen over the past few hours was of a completely different scale all together.    

I seen some of the videos online, but then decided I couldn't be bothered watching any of it. I guessed something would happen of this nature. 

It's been a fantastic tournament overall but sullied somewhat with this trash behaviour.

The worst part for me is the reports of vile racist abuse against the young black players. It's just pathetic and just do sad. 

Archived