Football Manager

Berry

I’ll always rate the original Championship Manager over every football management game.

If I were to tot up the hours I’m sure a large chunk of my childhood was spent in front of my desktop with shirt and tie on managing many of the best teams in Europe, granted only to be sacked within a few seasons, restless nights those were.

When the split, Football Manager excelled and Champ Man went into the abyss. Now though I fear Football Manager is showing signs (a small one granted) that it could be going downhill.

You can no longer manage Manchester United, they will be called Manchester UFC or Man UFC. This comes after Juventus are now being called ‘Zebre’ recognising the black and white stripes.

I know it’s petty but it’s the start of something, PES soccer, they used to have Goggs instead of Giggs for example, it became a farce and it lost its appeal.

Anyway, I’m worried for the game I once loved!

Anyone have some phenomenal management successes with the game?

1 hour ago, Berry said:

I’ll always rate the original Championship Manager over every football management game.

If I were to tot up the hours I’m sure a large chunk of my childhood was spent in front of my desktop with shirt and tie on managing many of the best teams in Europe, granted only to be sacked within a few seasons, restless nights those were.

When the split, Football Manager excelled and Champ Man went into the abyss. Now though I fear Football Manager is showing signs (a small one granted) that it could be going downhill.

You can no longer manage Manchester United, they will be called Manchester UFC or Man UFC. This comes after Juventus are now being called ‘Zebre’ recognising the black and white stripes.

I know it’s petty but it’s the start of something, PES soccer, they used to have Goggs instead of Giggs for example, it became a farce and it lost its appeal.

Anyway, I’m worried for the game I once loved!

Anyone have some phenomenal management successes with the game?

Can you not download patches, etc to fix all that? Only going by what I've heard, I don't really play it anymore.

After years away, I got FM20 free, but couldn't really get into it, it all just seemed too complicated, with actual matches only a tiny part of it. I guess that's more realistic, but it wasn't as fun as I remembered it.

2 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

Can you not download patches, etc to fix all that? Only going by what I've heard, I don't really play it anymore.

After years away, I got FM20 free, but couldn't really get into it, it all just seemed too complicated, with actual matches only a tiny part of it. I guess that's more realistic, but it wasn't as fun as I remembered it.

If I am not mistaken I am pretty sure that there is a file named "fake" that you delete and it reverts all clubs to their real names. 

The touch version of the game isn't as in depth.  I enjoy the so called more complex features so I play the full version. 

Archived