Grant

Piracy

Should be Peter Grant resign or be sacked?   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should he stay or go?

7 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

If Grant cared about the club he would have resigned but he will holding out for his payout.

PG, like every other playing staff employee only cares about the club in so far as they pay his wages and his success means the clubs success, which is good on his CV. 

This is a typical fans attitude. Staff don't think about the club in the same way we do, except for a few exceptions, they're not supporters, they're employees under contract and as such, he'd have to be absolutely mental to walk away with nothing and no employment, when he would get a severance package should we sack him. As much as I think he's not the man for the job, I don't blame him one bit for that. Anyone that says they would do any different in his situation (as I've described above) is a liar or deluded.

• Upvote 4

Just now, Digs said:

PG, like every other playing staff employee only cares about the club in so far as they pay his wages and his success means the clubs success, which is good on his CV. 

This is a typical fans attitude. Staff don't think about the club in the same way we do, except for a few exceptions, they're not supporters, they're employees under contract and as such, he'd have to be absolutely mental to walk away with nothing and no employment, when he would get a severance package should we sack him. As much as I think he's not the man for the job, I don't blame him one bit for that. Anyone that says they would do any different in his situation (as I've described above) is a liar or deluded.

David hopkin has just walked away from ayr?

Peter Grant staying at the club isn't going to improve his CV any, who will employ him again after this disaster?

38 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

If he was going to get sacked by the club,you would of thought it would have been announced/leaked by now.

If Grant cared about the club he would have resigned but he will holding out for his payout.

Surely he wont be in the dugout on Saturday?

it takes time to get it all sorted for all parties involved, tomorrow is the latest id expect it to happen although Johnston did leave on a Wednesday. 

Saturday is going to be absolutely horrendous if he is in charge, can remember McArthur claiming the atmosphere was toxic or something like that maybe at the start of Johnston's last season? it never was but it didnt stop that comment, Saturday will be and a hell of a lot more if there isnt a change.

Just now, gjs93 said:

it takes time to get it all sorted for all parties involved, tomorrow is the latest id expect it to happen although Johnston did leave on a Wednesday. 

Saturday is going to be absolutely horrendous if he is in charge, can remember McArthur claiming the atmosphere was toxic or something like that maybe at the start of Johnston's last season? it never was but it didnt stop that comment, Saturday will be and a hell of a lot more if there isnt a change.

I know a few people that are planning on taking banners in on Saturday and a protest outside the main stand if hes still here.

3 hours ago, rosythpar said:

David hopkin has just walked away from ayr?

Peter Grant staying at the club isn't going to improve his CV any, who will employ him again after this disaster?

And? Who says their contracts are even remotely similar? Or their personal financial situations for that matter.

His CV would improve if he did a good job here, which is what I said. He doesn’t gain by us being ****e in any way shape or form. He only cares about the club, or any club that may employ him, in respect of making them successful as that benefits him, otherwise he will hold no feelings towards the club in the way we do. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Digs said:

And? Who says their contracts are even remotely similar? Or their personal financial situations for that matter.

Peter Grant wasnt even actively looking for a new job in the summer, he was looking at going on holiday with his wife before Mcarthur called him. He will be laughing all the way to the bank though when he does get a big pay off shortly,easy money for him. 

19 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Peter Grant wasnt even actively looking for a new job in the summer, he was looking at going on holiday with his wife before Mcarthur called him. He will be laughing all the way to the bank though when he does get a big pay off shortly,easy money for him. 

He'll no be laughing, as his managerial days will probably be over. I'm sure the guy would've wanted to be a success, but obviously no cut out for it. He'll need to find another job at some point. 

Edited by scottyboy
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

Aye, I’m sure it was his main aim to make a total arse of it so he could walk away with a lump sum without having to fulfill his contract. 

I'm not defending him or his performance to date but the things you’re saying are only underlining my original point.

Just now, Digs said:

Aye, I’m sure it was his main aim to make a total arse of it so he could walk away with a lump sum without having to fulfill his contract. 

Are you reading what you’re typing?

I'm not defending him or his performance to date but the things you’re saying are only underlining my original point.

He obviously wanted it to work but he wont be complaining when he gets a lump sum from the club and back on a coaching role somewhere else in the next wee while. Its his own fault hes made a complete arse of it anyway,rubbish signings,stupid formations and playing players out of position.

1 hour ago, rosythpar said:

Being fair, Peter Grant came here with the intent of being successful, no question about that. He's a proud guy, always has been. He was always fully committed in the pitch. He's just not a Manager. Although I want him gone I don't think it's right he gets vilified. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, rosythpar said:

He obviously wanted it to work but he wont be complaining when he gets a lump sum from the club and back on a coaching role somewhere else in the next wee while. Its his own fault hes made a complete arse of it anyway,rubbish signings,stupid formations and playing players out of position.

I'm not sure what your point is then? That's the nature of football contracts, that's not his fault. You're basically saying he should waive what he's entitled to and walk away because he should feel ashamed and it's because it's what we, as fans. would do. He's not a fan, he's an employee. 

If you did a terrible job at your work and got punted you'd still want paid everything you are entitled to. 

• Upvote 1