St Johnstone v Galatasaray

Boston Red Sox

Went up to Perth tonight to watch the game. Have to say that I was so bloody envious of the saints, a club no bigger than ours in terms of fan base and potential, looking around and seeing a stadium full of fans supporting a provincial club (with some obvious hangers on and neutrals like myself). Atmosphere was great  and at half time there was a genuine hope. They were beaten by the better team on the night but they gave it a shot. Rooney's footwork for St Johnstone's second was sublime and the laddie McCann has a massive future in the game. Came away praying that project Germany comes good and we can be there in the future, with a well structured club developing organically and living within our means.

I recall over on the other place, there was one poster would often question the point of a club like St Johnstone. What did they bring to the game? 

Even before they entered the current golden era of their history, I had admiration for the fact that they were run responsibly. The fact that responsible stewardship can be combined with success is a real inspiration.

The Masterton family would do well to take a look in the unlikely event they want to know where they went wrong.

16 hours ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Went up to Perth tonight to watch the game. Have to say that I was so bloody envious of the saints, a club no bigger than ours in terms of fan base and potential, looking around and seeing a stadium full of fans supporting a provincial club (with some obvious hangers on and neutrals like myself). Atmosphere was great  and at half time there was a genuine hope. They were beaten by the better team on the night but they gave it a shot. Rooney's footwork for St Johnstone's second was sublime and the laddie McCann has a massive future in the game. Came away praying that project Germany comes good and we can be there in the future, with a well structured club developing organically and living within our means.

Aye, glad it didn't bring back traumatic memories of our last time in the UEFA Cup up there 😂

Ali McCann is Lewis's brother.

Archived