New Manager

worldwiderab

23 minutes ago, InsidePar said:

Not important but my dad was in hospitality when Meggle was interviewed and said they had been singing and dancing on the tables with Billy and his son after Rangers game

I was there bud, as were another 3 guys off this forum, we'd been watching the game in the East Port. Went down to Somewhere Else after the game. I was outside with a guy from our group and a minibus taxi stopped outside. Thomas Meggle, his 2 sons (in their 20s probably), and the 3 Braisby chaps also got out. All in club blazers after being at Ibrox. I spoke to them both outside and inside the pub. Meggle was dead friendly and respectful with Pars fans. The atmosphere in the pub was already jumping. When the Stone Roses came on a whole load of punters were singing along. The young Meggle lads joined in, as young bucks do with a drink in them. They were enjoying the occasion, which is a normal situation. Also keep in mind they're not on our BoD's, they were just there. No representatives from our BoD's were on the tables or on the chairs joining in. Although others were, including myself, I like a singsong. 

That is what happened and although it's really an irrelevance it's important that clarification is given when required. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

I was there bud, as were another 3 guys off this forum, we'd been watching the game in the East Port. Went down to Somewhere Else after the game. I was outside with a guy from our group and a minibus taxi stopped outside. Thomas Meggle, his 2 sons (in their 20s probably), and the 3 Braisby chaps also got out. All in club blazers after being at Ibrox. I spoke to them both outside and inside the pub. Meggle was dead friendly and respectful with Pars fans. The atmosphere in the pub was already jumping. When the Stone Roses came on a whole load of punters were singing along. The young Meggle lads joined in, as young bucks do with a drink in them. They were enjoying the occasion, which is a normal situation. Also keep in mind they're not on our BoD's, they were just there. No representatives from our BoD's were on the tables or on the chairs joining in. Although others were, including myself, I like a singsong. 

That is what happened and although it's really an irrelevance it's important that clarification is given when required. 

My issue with this is why are all 6 of them entitled to the club blazers, ties and freeloading at Ibrox etc.

58 minutes ago, livipar2 said:

My issue with this is why are all 6 of them entitled to the club blazers, ties and freel oading at Ibrox etc.

No idea about the entitlements and blazers or alleged freeloading as you've put it. I was only responding to a situation that I was witnessed to. 

• Upvote 1

Had a wee look at the other site to see if there was any positive "news". Seems a move from blind rage to acceptance that he will be there on Saturday and we need to look at defensive formations etc. No chance. Made the mistake at the weekend to go, not this week or until this idiot is gone. Whilst it is claimed that John McGlynn eats spaghetti with his feet I would take him in a heartbeat just now. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Boston Red Sox said:

Had a wee look at the other site to see if there was any positive "news". Seems a move from blind rage to acceptance that he will be there on Saturday and we need to look at defensive formations etc. No chance. Made the mistake at the weekend to go, not this week or until this idiot is gone. Whilst it is claimed that John McGlynn eats spaghetti with his feet I would take him in a heartbeat just now. 

I don't want meek acceptance either, I personally want a change of Manager. But this Board aren't known for reacting quickly in these type of situation.

So I'm not hopeful we'll see a change. This has probably some way to go yet and if we see another defeat on Saturday it's obviously going to be extremely uncomfortable for us all. 

7 minutes ago, Superally said:

A defeat and the message to the board will be abundantly clear, I just hope that players don't become the target of mindless venom. The Manager may go but the players wont and they are the ones pulling on the shirt and taking the field.

Yeah, keeping fan frustration civil is an issue. Personal abuse is not warranted and I've cringed at some of the guff that some supporters shout at players, match officials etc that I've witnessed over the years. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

I don't want meek acceptance either, I personally want a change of Manager. But this Board aren't known for reacting quickly in these type of situation.

So I'm not hopeful we'll see a change. This has probably some way to go yet and if we see another defeat on Saturday it's obviously going to be extremely uncomfortable for us all. 

its almost like the board think one win is going to change everything and it will happen this Saturday, we might win but its not going to change a thing short/medium/long term, Grant is done and its only going to get worse for them as much as him the longer they wait. 

2 hours ago, rosythpar said:

The board were going to give Crawford a new contract in the summer, you have to respect stevie for knowing he had taken us as far as he could.

The fans dont have much trust in the board atm.

a new contract instead of the rolling contract he was on?

26 minutes ago, gjs93 said:

its almost like the board think one win is going to change everything and it will happen this Saturday, we might win but its not going to change a thing short/medium/long term, Grant is done and its only going to get worse for them as much as him the longer they wait. 

a new contract instead of the rolling contract he was on?

Think you underestimate the fickleness of football fans, and especially Pars fans.   I reckon a win v Inverness and you’ll have a large section starting to give it the “give him a chance, he’s turning it round”.

I actually can see us drawing on Saturday, and the board continuing to keep him.  

The whole thing is utterly depressing.

• Upvote 1