Threat to supporters in stadia.

Rengade Master

26 minutes ago, Digs said:

So games are going ahead then....Utter stupidity if you ask me. Not to do with risk, but surely the clubs will run these games at a loss, and how exactly do they decide who gets in? Take our derby game for example, Rovers will lose their arse on that.

Looking at average crowds, us, Killie and Partick are going to be hardest hit, with the rest clearly thinking oh well, we're only losing half our gate, we'll be fine. Cheers lads.

Also, if you're going, make sure you're fed because there won't be any food...

image.png.3be09de5d536f6f86a5658d29d5f0417.png

image.png.c3f655b21b2997613138f6f7b8a667df.png

Do you know which way the clubs voted as I’ve seen both Kilmarnock and Thistle fans state they believe their clubs were in favour of carrying on? Two clubs who could potentially miss out on promotion if play offs didn’t go ahead. 

Edit: scratch that sounds like Kilmarnock may have voted to suspend 

Edited by Keyser Soze

14 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Do you know which way the clubs voted as I’ve seen both Kilmarnock and Thistle fans state they believe their clubs were in favour of carrying on? Two clubs who could potentially miss out on promotion if play offs didn’t go ahead. 

No idea. 

This will be a massive financial blow for us now. No PATG fans and the hospitality for the festive fixtures will need to be refunded.

A ballot of season ticket holders would be the fairest way surely?if you get selected for the arbroath game then you miss out on the next one. It should work out at being able to attend 1 in 4 games if the restrictions last longer than three weeks. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

This will be a massive financial blow for us now. No PATG fans and the hospitality for the festive fixtures will need to be refunded.

A ballot of season ticket holders would be the fairest way surely?if you get selected for the arbroath game then you miss out on the next one. It should work out at being able to attend 1 in 4 games if the restrictions last longer than three weeks. 

Absolutely ridiculous, yes will need to make sure everyone gets a fair turn so will take 4/5 games to get everyone in once. Clubs must genuinely believe it’ll only be 3 weeks because if not good luck to every team in our league for trying to survive financially 

Just now, kelty_par said:

Absolutely ridiculous, yes will need to make sure everyone gets a fair turn so will take 4/5 games to get everyone in once. Clubs must genuinely believe it’ll only be 3 weeks because if not good luck to every team in our league for trying to survive financially 

Yes hopefully it is done fairly and not just going to be sponsors/corporate/who you know etc. The club don't have long to sort out arrangements for the boxing day game.

2 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Yes hopefully it is done fairly and not just going to be sponsors/corporate/who you know etc. The club don't have long to sort out arrangements for the boxing day game.

Not saying that I would, but if this lasts longer and folk aren’t getting into games, would the club have to offer partial refunds? Doesn’t seem fair to pay £300 to watch half a season 

Words fail me. Turkeys and Christmas spring to mind. I believe the Pars and one other club were in favour of a suspension initially, but 1 or 2 others may have come on board at the last minute. Did any of the chairmen who voted to carry on, stop to consider what their fans wanted? I doubt it.

I wonder if they've considered that these restrictions may well last longer than 3 weeks, so the financial hit may be even greater.

• Upvote 2

I have to say, I’m not ***ed with the hassle of trying to get a seat to wait and see if I manage to get one, especially if it’s likely to be in a stand I don’t want to sit in and especially for Boxing Day. I reckon that game will actually be undersubscribed.

lots of people will just spend more time at family as it’s usually the turn of the in laws on Boxing Day for most folk I’d imagine and those that don’t, like the young team, won’t go because they won’t be guaranteed to get in with all their mates. 

I predict that this is going to be a ****show…

• Upvote 1