Signing Incoming

Grant

4 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Ben Williamson has a choice to come on loan to us or the rovers.

We almost signed him in the summer.

Does this mean that he’s a Peter Grant rated player? No’ sure that’s the best recommendation :)

Rovers fans I know seem to think he’s Pratt Street bound...

A couple of things:-

how is it that McGlynn’s recruitment always seems to be better than ours? I would have been happy to see him and Smith at EEP 

Cummings is without doubt, a good deal better than what we have now. Can Hughes keep him in check off the field?  I was surprised to read he is only 26. Will the penny drop that unless he grows up and knuckles down, that his top flight career is probably over ?  It does feel like his next move is last chance saloon ? If he can accept that, then a deal to the end of the season could be a good solution for both parties ?

I’d add normally I wouldn’t go near a player like him but it’s a measure of the predicament we find ourselves in, that I would take a chance on him 

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, the saline hill puma said:

Cummings would be a brutal signing imo. we already have 2 or 3 strikers sitting on the bench most weeks

Beggars can't be choosers, SLP and we're firmly in that category. Cummings has talent, but he also comes with baggage which could prove challenging, even for Yogi, who will be well aware. Nothing official yet, so it may prove to be an idle rumour. 

He'd be a calculated gamble but perhaps one worth taking. Like Raymie, I wouldn't entertain him if we were safe from relegation.