El Bahktaoui Interest

Parzionale

Hearing various rumours (just rumours remember) that El Bahktaoui:

Has signed a pre-contract with Hibs.

Is going to Hearts

Is going to Celtic or Sevco 

Going to an SPFL team

With the increased publicity over El Bahktaou, this was always going to happen. His agent must be loving it. 

Regardless of what happens, I hope we can keep our squad together. It would be a shame that if we get promotion, the squad would be disbanded for us to have to build a squad again. 

Going to a SPFL team?  He's already at a SPFL team.

Despite the BBC bumming him up I don't think he'll be going anywhere this season.  For the most part in the past 3 months he's been average at best and his goal return in that period similar to Moffat's last season but he gets nowhere near the sickening level of underserved abuse Moffat got last year.

He is definitely much improved on last season, but I think a lot of that has to do with how well the team is playing overall.

If he does leave, I don't think its for footballing reasons at this stage in his career.  At the Pars, he is almost a stick-on for a weekly starting place, whereas if he does go to a bigger club, he's less likely to play regularly.

Money talks though, and his agent will be more interested in that.

He has nothing on his footballing CV just now - if he stays, he is almost guaranteed to get a league medal this season (providing we don't throw it away).

The guy will be an enigma once he gets his consistency and plays the right game. One thing is for certain is that when he does leave we won't be able to replace that talent. He should stay another season and develop his game more. I don't know about anyone else on here, but when I watch the Pars i want the players to give him the ball. He is the only player just now who can score something out of nothing and imo he'll get even better. 

Going to a SPFL team?  He's already at a SPFL team.

Despite the BBC bumming him up I don't think he'll be going anywhere this season.  For the most part in the past 3 months he's been average at best and his goal return in that period similar to Moffat's last season but he gets nowhere near the sickening level of underserved abuse Moffat got last year.

You get me every time with that GordiBoy! 

Premiership, I meant Premiership. 

I want us to tie him down so we can at least get a good transfer fee for him if he does go. We would be eligible for a development fee yeah?

As has been explained many times, the club can't tie anyone down until they know for sure what league we'll be in next season.

There has been interest in El Bakhtaoui for a while. Gary Locke watched him through at Airdrie earlier in the season.

Also don't agree that a move away would be for non-footballing reasons. That comes across as exceptionally small minded and bitter. If he thinks he's good enough, then why wouldn't he go to a higher team in a higher league? Not everyone has the same paucity of dreams that so many football fans seem to have.

I'm well aware that the Club can't tie any player down at the moment, and I'm not suggesting that they should.  I'm merely suggesting that they should issue a 'hands off' to all Clubs for the remainder of this season (e.g. this window).

Certainly not bitter (or small-minded) about Faiss (or any other player of that age) leaving for what could be perceived as non-footballing reasons.

If he stays with us, he'll start more games than he'll miss, and is likely to go on to score more goals this season.

If he goes to a 'bigger' team, let's say Hibs, then he's up against possibly 5 or 6 other strikers all proven at a higher level, and may struggle to get a regular game.

If Faiss does go, I hope it is to a club that will allow him to continue to learn and develop.  Sitting on a subs bench every week, and playing midweek development league games is of no value to him at this stage in his career.

There have been far too many players in this country who have moved on to 'big' clubs, but have seen their careers stagnate rather than progress as a result.  Derek O'Riordan is one who comes to mind - arguably the most talented striker in the country at the time that he signed for Celtic, but he was never able to reach his potential through lack of game time. 

If Faiss was to move, who's to say he wouldn't be played? Folk are just assuming this with zero basis. I'm sure he'd want to know if he would get game time before agreeing to a move. Training and playing with better players means moving to a team at a higher level would be better for his development.

Riordan's issues were nothing to do with ability or game time and down to personal issues. He could have been one of the best players Scotland has seen in decades but chucked it all away by being a wee fanny. Leigh Griffiths was going down the same path but sorted himself out and is now playing regularly for Celtic and in Scotland squads. Folk were thinking he wouldn't get a game all that often for Celtic when he signed, but look at how that turned out.

Archived