Pars vs Airdrie

Captain Deadpool

Tonight! Live on Alba.

For me it's a must win. If we draw or lose the gap over Ayr is reduced should they win tomorrow (and with a home game vs Stenny I don't see why they won't). Keep in mind that we still have to play them twice, as well as having a couple of other tricky ties (most notably Cowden away, which is the week after Ayr away; a vital couple of weeks; as well as Albion and Airdrie away)*. Should Ayr close the gap again tomorrow then their confidence and belief will grow and the pressure will mount on us.

We need to be winning this. Indeed we should be aiming to win all of our remaining games (obviously teams try to win every game they play, but you know what I mean). We can't afford many more draw like last week, even if it was a difficult game.

Same team as last week.

Dreadful performance and result. I fear we have handed the momentum back to Ayr and it is extremely worrying that we have tet to win when the opposition have scored first this season.

Probably no point in doing a MoM poll either tbh, but if there is I'd give it to Mo Hutton.  The kits looked good.

Despite losing the goal in the first half I thought we played reasonably well. The 2nd half was pretty poor and in truth Airdrie neutralised any threat we posed and we were totally ineffective after that. Airdrie were not interested in scoring another goal but they killed us off and we had no ideas or no plan B as to how to get back into the match. I thought Hopkirk did OK but we deffo lost an edge with Cardle not playing and were not as incisive as usual. Poor Rooney had a mare and was all over the place and after the mistake (goal) lost confidence. I also had to question Murdoch, thought he could have cut out the pass across the goal that lead to them scoring. He also looked very suspect when the Airdrie keeper kicked long and looked uncertain if he was coming for the ball or not. Disappointing night and with the prospect of Ayr reducing the gap to 4pts it will make the next game against them absolutely crucial. Lose that and effectively we will have a 1pt lead. AJ needs to get a plan B together very quickly.    

I think we should scrape it tonight. Had a feeling we would be flat after the two Cup games. Ourselves and Ayr will still drop points. Peterheed will overtake Ayr soon enough. 

Anyways let's get ****ed and enjoy the game. 

No they won't. Ayr are a better team that Peterhead. Not sure why so many seem to think Peterhead are better than Ayr.

Anyway, utterly miserable stuff last night. Just about everyone off form.

Still, no need to panic yet. Next week could see us back on track if we pick up the win, which we must do with Ayr coming up the week after.

Thought our bench looked weak last night. We didn't have anyone to bring on to change the system unless we wanted to shunt players in to positions they aren't used to. McKay looked to be hurt at one point in the first half and I was ****ting it that Potter would have to come on. McCabe was poor when he came on, especially him shooting from distance so often as it was ****e.

Oh, and we had loads of corners last night but most were utter gash.

Thought McCabe did OK when he came on. I think the problem is that he needs game time and because of the Falky / Geggs partnership working well there isn't the room to play him the current system. Factor in Byrne who can be brilliant but can be equally inconsistent at times. It's difficult for them both. 

I think we should scrape it tonight. Had a feeling we would be flat after the two Cup games. Ourselves and Ayr will still drop points. Peterheed will overtake Ayr soon enough. 

Anyways let's get ****ed and enjoy the game. 

NO THEY WON'T. AYR ARE A BETTER TEAM THAN PETERHEAD . Not sure why so many seem to think Peterhead are better than Ayr.

Anyway, utterly miserable stuff last night. Just about everyone off form.

Still, no need to panic yet. Next week could see us back on track if we pick up the win, which we must do with Ayr coming up the week after.

Thought our bench looked weak last night. We didn't have anyone to bring on to change the system unless we wanted to shunt players in to positions they aren't used to. McKay looked to be hurt at one point in the first half and I was ****ting it that Potter would have to come on. McCabe was poor when he came on, especially him shooting from distance so often as it was ****e.

Oh, and we had loads of corners last night but most were utter gash.

Aye they will. Peterhead are  a better, better team than Ayr. 

Archived