DADSC Auction: "Seven Heroes of Moeuvres" Shirt

Stanza

This week`s DADSC auction is a a relatively rare DAFC shirt - see pics. It's the commemorative poppy-red shirt that DAFC players wore against Ayr United and Alloa Athletic in Aug/Sep 2018. The design commemorates the exploits of Davie Hunter VC and his platoon (“The Seven Heroes of Moeuvres”) during the Great War and the full story is on the DAFC website HERE.  

The shirt is not framed – it is labelled as “Large” but is probably somewhere between “Large and “Medium”. It was one of the spare shirts produced for the club, so it is un-numbered and hasn't been worn by a player or anyone else (you could have your own details printed on the back). It’s possible that its rarity value could push the price up – we certainly hope so.

Bids can be placed on this thread or by private message to myself. Bidding closes at 7pm on Sunday 4 June. There is a reserve price of £50 and bids must be in whole pounds. All money received will go to the DADSC fund for improving access to the 1st Floor function suites at EEP for those with mobility problems.

The shirt is being advertised elsewhere and I will try to update all threads as to the leading bid, but don`t rely on that - get your best offer in early to stand the best chance of success.

20230510_172940.jpg

20230510_172954.jpg

20230530_172033.jpg

7 minutes ago, Stanza said:

Good start, thanks. But it will be a real bargain if that's the winning bid! :)

Yeah not holding my breath again. That's a favorite of mine.

If wasn't for weddings, stags and sisters moving June/July. I'd have gone up to double. 

• Upvote 1