Jadon Sancho

Paradox

I don't normally have much sympathy for how footballers are treated by their managers/clubs when they step out of line.

I'm interested to see how things are unravelling for Jadon Sancho at Manchester United.  From what I can gather, he has now been banned from using all United facilities, whether it be for training or otherwise.

Apparently Ten Haag is unhappy about the situation, and would prefer that Sancho made himself available by apologising so both parties can move on.  But Sancho seems to be sticking to his guns as well, and any apology now would be hollow IMO.

It looks like a 'lose-lose' situation at the moment - a talented player being denied playing time, by the very time who coveted him for several windows.

I get that the United boss is committed to improving standards, but the Club is an absolute laughing stock at present, along with Chelsea.

Is Sancho right to stick to his guns if he think he has been wrongly called out, or, given that he has history for similar things in the past, should he just apologise, and grin and bear it?

No, he's not, he's an idiot. There were disciplinary problems at Dortmund too with him continually flying back to England for his days off and playing his gaming console to all hours of the night, meaning he wasn't resting as he should. This is the bare minimum for a footballer, as you need to look after the tools of your trade, ie your body. If he's continually ignoring requests to do so, he's an idiot. 

He thinks he's been wrongly called out because his head is up his arse. If you're a player, especially at a club like Man Utd, you are expected to maintain certain standards, those standards have undoubtedly dropped since Fergie left but that's not the point. In any team, you are expected to pull in the same direction as everyone else but if your conduct flies in the face of that, you kind of deserve everything coming your way. That's how teams work whether it's sunday league or EPL. It only takes one bad apple to ruin a team, that is why I love McPake's approach.