Transfer window

Al k

2 hours ago, Grant said:

Aye that was in the courier article. 

I always think sentences like that last one are misleading, did they not make a move or were the wages not right etc? 

When it was announced yesterday I saw it being reported as neither teams could agree term's. Can't remember who it was tho.

Transfer window ends at 23.30 tonight. Will we get another over the line? We have interest in Fletcher, McPake and Super Joe Cardle but as they are not assigned to a club MY understanding is they can be signed out with the transfer window. It should be interesting. COYP 

On 30/01/2024 at 21:40, Grant said:

Did anything come out of the shareholders meeting tonight? 

Not so far (as far as I'm aware). It was a private meeting too so it'll be difficult to get reliable feedback.

However, hopefully the clubs accounts will tell us something relating to the financial concerns fans had regarding if they were right or way out.

I've said it from Day 1, whatever debt we have, as long it's covered by the Board then fine. I don't think any banks are involved as we had no credit facilities after Masterton (although that might have changed). The previous regime under Ross McArthur had returned a small operating profit every season except one if I remember correctly. Financial prudence was essential at that time, and I'd like that to be an inherent part of our clubs business model. I'm sure the present Board are of that opinion too as their plans for the club have to be realistic and sustainable.

Some of the stuff I've heard gave me concerns over the last few month, but there's good reasons for not splattering any of that all over the Internet. Could be because it's nonsense, it could because its been in confidence etc.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Superally said:

Transfer window ends at 23.30 tonight. Will we get another over the line? We have interest in Fletcher, McPake and Super Joe Cardle but as they are not assigned to a club MY understanding is they can be signed out with the transfer window. It should be interesting. COYP 

Nah, I reckon the player McPake was alluding to was Tommy Smith. 

9 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

Xavier Benjamin, 20 year old centre half signed on loan from Cardiff

Had a look on sofascore.Played against Sheffield Wednesday recently as a RB. Booked and subbed at H/T didn't get a rating I'm guessing as he played 45 minutes. His other appearance was August in the League cup 2-2 Colchester, played in the middle and got a rating of 6.6.

Welcome aboard Xavier.