Pars v Morton

2 minutes ago, Superally said:

Agree that playing the kids was forced but he has tried to sign experienced players -Brophy,  Wotherspoon, Rudden & Smith If they dont sign what do you do.......... 

I totally agree @Superally but a formation change was needed yesterday as we were getting hammered. BUT we have nothing up front to even go long so there’s not many options to play with.

15 minutes ago, Superally said:

Agree that playing the kids was forced but he has tried to sign experienced players -Brophy,  Wotherspoon, Rudden & Smith If they dont sign what do you do.......... 

think we are on the same wavelength, I don’t have an answer to how we solve our lack of experience, my only option is to to be aggressive as **** in our chase for senior options over the next month, but that’s something our board are completely refusing to do. As it stands we are reliant on luck to stay in this division, a pathetic position to be in

• Upvote 1

Bottom line must be finance. The owners seem to be flatly refusing to bankroll a short-term solution, preferring to build for a long-term future. I can sort of understand their logic and I can envisage that it could pay dividends a few years down the line but it’s a risky tactic and, the way things are going this season, could land them on their erses with relegation. Of course to be fair to them nobody could have anticipated the disruption that all these injuries have wrought; and still continue to happen. Is it purely bad luck or is there some issue with training? My concern is that McPake decides, enough is enough, and then we really will be back in the soft and smelly. Despite what some seem to think finding a sensible replacement would be no easy task. Oh wait, of course there’s Dick Campbell ………..etc.

Edited by Yorkiepar
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

Of course to be fair to them nobody could have anticipated the disruption that all these injuries have wrought; and still continue to happen

It being this bad maybe not, but there were a large amount of questions raised about the how little strength in depth we had in the summer and the answer was we could just move players around to cover.  A strategy which has been shown to have failed. The deepening crisis showed itself before the january window and we've brought in 3 kids with almost as many appearences at senior full time football between them. There has been no proper contingency planning and that's nothing short of an absolute disgrace IMO.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Yorkiepar said:

Bottom line must be finance. The owners seem to be flatly refusing to bankroll a short-term solution, preferring to build for a long-term future. I can sort of understand their logic and I can envisage that it could pay dividends a few years down the line but it’s a risky tactic and, the way things are going this season, could land them on their erses with relegation. Of course to be fair to them nobody could have anticipated the disruption that all these injuries have wrought; and still continue to happen. Is it purely bad luck or is there some issue with training? My concern is that McPake decides, enough is enough, and then we really will be back in the soft and smelly. Despite what some seem to think finding a sensible replacement would be no easy task. Oh wait, of course there’s Dick Campbell ………..etc.

Totally agree @Yorkiepar 

We needed to push the boat out in January for two experienced defenders. We didn’t do it for whatever reason ( probably financial ) and now we face the possibility of a much bigger financial hit, should we happen to get sucked down ? 

what we need to do now is make ourselves hard to beat and grind out some results until we can get a few of our injured players back. 

it won’t be pretty, but it’s essential for our survival. 

Edited by Raymie
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

Grim it’s coming to this as we have absolutely nothing upfront. Get o’halloran and Moffat playing as wingers and try provide service to the striker. Would give Holmes a chance as McCann ain’t a striker 

holmes came into a difficult environment but he showed **** all.  He's also been put out wide regularly by previous managers

You don't reckon McCann works hard for the team? 

Hears the thing, when we were the level below, playing against inferior opposition there was still frequent moans and groans that we weren't very good to watch. Defensively resolute aye, hard to play and score against but we weren't sexy. The only attacking players that truly shone were the wing backs (Edwards and KRH) and the midfield runner (Todd). The system we play, and the we play isn't conducive for our attacking strikers to look good. 

We're now a level up playing against better defenders and teams, that isn't going to change. The drama is we've lost that midfield runner who is pretty key, MoH isn't actually doing that bad but he's not got the delivery of KRH, and teams now realise Edwards is the danger and they've cut it out. 

It's upto McPake to come up with a different system, because no ones now looking good in this one. 

• Upvote 2