Organised hooliganism at the fitba!

Superally

It is utter ****e. We need to be writing to our club and the SPFL, SFA and government to get the authorities to stop pushing this bull**** agenda. I've been going to see the Pars for over 25 years and the most trouble I ever saw was when a dick tried to drive through pedestrians on Halbeath Road (after we lost 0-1 to Dundee in 1995) so someone kicked his wing-mirror off. Cue a bout of comical fisticuffs that was quickly broken up. 

Football fans are seen as some sort of sub category of people who only watch football and don't do anything else. The point here is that the authorities don't seem to be in flap about trouble at gigs or other sports, things plenty of football fans do. The police don't seem to think there is a crossover. It's an utterly baffling viewpoint they have. They believe all football fans are barely restrained hooligans itching to kick off at the slightest provocation.

In reality I've mingled with loads of groups of opposition fans, from the pub before and after to the train to the game itself (been to plenty of games with no segregation). Aside from the odd fanny, it's been fine and there's been no trouble. 

The actual amount of trouble, as someone has pointed out, is utterly minuscule. 

Oh and the flap they're in about flares and smoke bombs is way over the top. I've no problem with them being banned at games, but the language they use and the punishments handed out for using them are way, way out of proportion. Talk of folk's lives being in danger is laughable. As is this whole 'issue'

I was deliberately filmed by a Fife Constable at a Pars v Sevco game at EEP in the NW, he stood with the camera in my pus for about 10 minutes after I had told one of their fans to get a grip after making a throat slitting gesture to a young mouthy Pars laddie.

I tried to engage with the film maker with a hi-vis on but he ignored me. Mind you he did look like a Sevco fan himself.

Are all Polis huns?

Aberdeen casuals visited Peterhead v Pars the other week. About 40 of them turned up outside the ground.

Me and my laddie were stopped outside EEP against Airdrie by a guy who asked ''how many we had'', he proceeded to tell me they'd get us in the East Port after the game. What a fud. Anyway I was in the East Port after the game, for a pint only, they never did come in.

Sitting in Gilmours bar at Stenny last week I was informed that Falkirk were on their way by some wee guy dressed like a muppet. Oh how we laughed, then returned to our merry drinking exploits.

It's all a load of horse dung

Archived