Faiss' Future

Paradox

After being heavily linked with Hibs for much of the season, Motherwell are the latest 'big' club to be monitoring Faiss, with the entire Motherwell management team having been present at some of the Pars recent fixtures.

Given that the Pars and Motherwell could find themselves in the same league as each other next year, and are fairly similar in size as clubs, I would struggle to see how he would benefit any from moving there (if we were both to end up in the same league).

I still think that his head will be turned, and he will go elsewhere at the end of the season.  He has undoubtedly come on leaps and bounds this year, but is still developing as a talent.

I hope you're right @GordieBoy80 - I am keen that as many of our regular starting XI are able to be retained for next season as possible.  We have the nucleus of a very good team, and one that should be able to sustain a position in the top half of the Championship should we be promoted.

With Dundee United likely to come down, it SHOULD be a very open and competitive league again next season.

If Motherwell remain in the Premiership then of course a move to them would further his career. Also, as much as he may like it here, he doesn't owe us anything and we don't know how he'd react to a move to a club that could offer more money even if it is from a club in the Championship. He will believe in himself so if a club from a higher division came in for him would think he could play his way in to the team. 

Agree with Gordie though that Fais is far too inconsistent at the moment, although it certainly wouldn't surprise me if other clubs were looking at a striker who has scored a lot of goals and is available for nothing in a few months.

I think he's a goner to be honest.    

I am happy he's still with us till the end of this season so we have the strongest squad to gain promotion which is the most important thing.

His potential to make it is without question and I can't blame him for trying his luck at a higher level. 

We'll all look back in time and realise how lucky we were to have him.

He's way too inconsistent at the moment, I wouldn't waste money on him.

Yeah he's great when he does something outstanding from a skill perspective but he still makes unnecessary runs covering ground he doesn't need to cover.

His positional sense needs worked on and he displayed a fair bit of petulance when we were up at Peterhead few weeks ago. He would benefit with another season with us, hopefully in that higher league.

He's way too inconsistent at the moment, I wouldn't waste money on him.

Yeah he's great when he does something outstanding from a skill perspective but he still makes unnecessary runs covering ground he doesn't need to cover.

His positional sense needs worked on and he displayed a fair bit of petulance when we were up at Peterhead few weeks ago. He would benefit with another season with us, hopefully in that higher league.

Yeah, he chases lost causes far too often for me.  He kept doing it on Saturday too, chasing pass backs to the keeper that he had no hope of getting, or coming too deep into his own half.

Undoubtedly a really good talent, but I think we (or whomever he plays for next season) would need to see another season like this one out of him for him to fully realise his potential.

Archived