Strike partnership

Pennywise

A very rare thing indeed in the modern football game. Obviously few teams play with two upfront these days, so there is less chance of two players 'clicking' to form a the unique partnerships of old. The team that I think does this best at the minute is Watford with the Ighalo and Deeney, and to a lesser extent Leicester with Vardy plus one other. 

Anyways with regard to the Pars, we have played with Fais and Moffat together upfront for a while now and it's annoying to see that they still don't work together as a pair. They often make similar runs and don't often seen to be working for each other. I'm not saying they don't do any work at all, but I don't feel that they're getting the best out of each other. On Saturday against Ayr there were numerous occasions when one of them had the ball and was presented with the opportunity to play the other person in, and they constantly refused to do so. Both quality players in their own right but frustrating to watch when they could really have struck up a good relationship by now!

You're right, it ain't working for me either.

I feel we lack a direct physical presence in the box to attack incoming balls in the air and across the box. We are getting crosses in but we need that push for the ball, mix it with the oppositions defenders.

Faiss' biggest problem is that he chases too many lost causes IMO.

He keeps coming deep, or chasing down pass-backs to the keeper.

He should be sitting right on their last defender, as there will be few centre halves in this league that will get anywhere near him.

Moffat is good at linking the play, and coming deeper, and I can see what people are getting at about them making the same runs.

The team are winning though, and part of that is down to the consistency of selection from AJ, something that was never the case last year.

Point is I suppose they should score more.

Moffat still plays too deep, battles outside the box to get the ball into the box, that isn't his job, least not as I understand it, leave that to others.

Fais is still developing and he'll get better the longer he plays.

Archived