Sunday Car Parking Charges

Agree re the Gyle. I wouldn't cross the road to go there. No Game and no HMV = No me.

To be fair, that's hardly the Gyle's fault, both have been making a lot of store closures in recent years. 

Didn't suggest for a second it was. Just stating a reason why I wouldn't go there, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Agree re the Gyle. I wouldn't cross the road to go there. No Game and no HMV = No me.

To be fair, that's hardly the Gyle's fault, both have been making a lot of store closures in recent years. 

Didn't suggest for a second it was. Just stating a reason why I wouldn't go there, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Part of it is the Gyles fault for not replacing the closed stores.  The Gyle these days is full of jewellery stores and travel agents and not much else. 

The Gyle is a horrific hole.  There is nothing there that I want to buy.  At least that is the impression I get on my annual pre Christmas jaunt to M&S.  As for the toon, the reason that I don't shop there is, as before, there is nothing there I want to buy.  Take men's clothes.  If you don't want to look like a chavvy teenager (primark, river island, next etc) or a geriatric (M&S, Colin Whyte etc) then you have to go to Edinburgh or Glasgow.

Archived