Contact lens / Glasses wearers.

VOX

Having to visit my local optometrist today, I got talking to the sales receptionist. She happened to mention the link below.  I have never heard of it but apparently they have been available for a good ten years or so.  It "appears" to be a great solution to the hassle of contact lenses during the day and would save a fortune on laser eye surgery.  Anyone else heard of this or indeed have them ? 

http://www.nocturnalens.com/

Listen ya rasper ...this is serious min.  This could solve all my eyesight problems in a oner.

I've looked into your question however and it's always recommended to stick ones motor in first gear whilst parked on a slight decline.  So technically you are correct    

I do hope that my eyes will once and for all be "sorted".  I also hope Mr D, that your next kheek is a hedgehog.  Wearing a barbed wire suit and has eaten a vindaloo.  

Funnily enough, I just got fitted for contact lenses today. (I used to use the ones you put in at the the start of the month and take them out after 30 days) I had laser surgery seven years ago, in the last year my eyesight has been rapidly declining - I would not recommend anyone getting laser surgery, I got the very best that was on offer (£4000.00) it cost with my vision being around -.175 or so. . . Over the last year or so, my eyes have been seriously declining - They told me that I wouldn't have a hint of deterioration until I was forty years old. I'm 32 now...

I was offered a free consultation with getting it 're-done' in mind, I knocked it back. Don't get laser surgery is my advice (9.5/10 info right there, for the record) 

Anyway, I got my new contacts today, great to see crystal clear again but I can't get one of them out and it's causing me seethe.

Those of you that have perfect eyes, you don't know how luck you are!

Worn glasses since my early teens, have never worn contacts and see no reason to. I like my glasses, they hide the bags under my eyes :D

I just couldn't be bothered with the hassles of contacts. It's also a good excuse to buy myself good prescription sunglasses, which is justified by the fact it is for the benefit of my eyesight.

I heard about these nocturnal lenses about two weeks ago and thought it was a wind up. 

I have the 30 day lenses that you sleep in.  I had heard that laser surgery may not be permanent a few years back, and decided Id wait to see how long it takes for eyes to deteriorate again. 

Off to pick up my new "occupational lens" glasses today.

From what I gather, I will be able to see my monitor at work crystal clear but the rest of my office will just be a blur ! Hoping it will help with these b*stard headaches I'm still getting though.

Off to pick up my new "occupational lens" glasses today.

From what I gather, I will be able to see my monitor at work crystal clear but the rest of my office will just be a blur ! Hoping it will help with these b*stard headaches I'm still getting though.

No good for checking out the office totties? 

Having to visit my local optometrist today, I got talking to the sales receptionist. She happened to mention the link below.  I have never heard of it but apparently they have been available for a good ten years or so.  It "appears" to be a great solution to the hassle of contact lenses during the day and would save a fortune on laser eye surgery.  Anyone else heard of this or indeed have them ? 

http://www.nocturnalens.com/

Mate at work has had them for 3 or 4 years and doesn't have a bad thing to say about them

Just been told this morning that I'm not suitable for them.

Is that because of how bad your eyes are?  Im guessing by the fact laser surgery will cost "thousands" means that your eyes are really bad?  Laser surgery is a lot cheaper these days, but obviously, that depends on the amount of surgery needed?

Do Nocturnal Lenses only work if you have a minor prescription?

Id go down the route of the 30 days lenses.  Saves the rigmarole of putting in contact lenses daily, and its not really any dearer than daily lenses? 

Hi Vinnie, I think if I have got this correct they are used for people with long sightedness rather than short sight.  Eyes aren't particularly bad however I have an appointment now to try fortnightly contacts.  Tried the monthly ones and had an adverse reaction to them ( that was years ago ) been told there has been great progress in how comfortable and good they are.  

Went years ago to optical express to see about laser surgery  was quoted 5.5 k, I suspect it will be the same nowadays   ?

Archived