Brussels

Adam101

All reports lead to this being a co-ordinated terror attack.  Folk were saying it couldn't happen it Europe.  Paris, now Brussels, where next?

After the Paris attacks the security services were worried about London, Rome and NYC I think we have been lucky that MI5 have foiled so many plots here 

I see Katie Hopkins has had her say.  Vile woman. 

It deeply bothers me that anyone actually listens to her and gives her any sort of attention. I don't know what she's said but I can guess at the content.

Anyway, on to the subject at hand. A few weeks back everyone at work had to attend a session run by Police Scotland regarding terrorism. It was two folk talking about suspicious objects (easy now!) and what to do if your place of work is attacked. Mostly common sense stuff but they were saying that the 'Terror Alert' is very high, meaning that they believe an attack is likely. Of course they would say that and surely an attack is likely.

If we want to talk conspiracy stuff, does anyone think these attacks have been orchestrated by those with interests in leaving the EU? Already some politicians are (laughably) claiming that these attacks prove the EU is a threat to our security. ****ing clowns.

If we want to talk conspiracy stuff, does anyone think these attacks have been orchestrated by those with interests in leaving the EU? Already some politicians are (laughably) claiming that these attacks prove the EU is a threat to our security. ****ing clowns.

No.  Paris happened before talk of an EU exit.  Paris attackers were thought to be hiding out in Brussels.  They were found only a week ago.  Id suggest this was brought forward by the same group (maybe) concerned that their captured leader may spill details of their plans. 

All reports lead to this being a co-ordinated terror attack.  Folk were saying it couldn't happen it Europe.  Paris, now Brussels, where next?

After the Paris attacks the security services were worried about London, Rome and NYC I think we have been lucky that MI5 have foiled so many plots here 

One 'security expert' I read this morning said that this has been Belgium's problem. He said that after Charlie Hebdo, Belgium have been chasing their tails unable to share information properly and efficiently between allies and various agencies and it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. We are apparently quite good at it, along with a lot of other European nations, as well as having good relations within Muslim communities in the UK who report suspicious behaviour more readily than they do in Belgium and some parts of France. This is the reason why we haven't suffered many serious incidents since 7/7, as they have been able to block a huge amount of attempts through concrete intel. 

One 'security expert' I read this morning said that this has been Belgium's problem. He said that after Charlie Hebdo, Belgium have been chasing their tails unable to share information properly and efficiently between allies and various agencies and it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. We are apparently quite good at it, along with a lot of other European nations, as well as having good relations within Muslim communities in the UK who report suspicious behaviour more readily than they do in Belgium and some parts of France. This is the reason why we haven't suffered many serious incidents since 7/7, as they have been able to block a huge amount of attempts through concrete intel. 

Heard something similar along these lines after Paris. Apparently the police/inteligent agencies etc. in Belgium are a bit of a mess and are terrible at sharing information.

Archived