Bizarre incident in the Dundee Utd match

Turps

Deliberate hand ball in itself isn't a yellow card offence. 

No, but it was quite clearly unsporting behavior to do what he did, especially since he came back onto the pitch to receive treatment, when he was already off, thus preventing play from continuing, and the rules allow for a yellow card where unsporting behaviour as the result of a handball has taken place.

So booked for unsporting behaviour and not deliberate handball then? You should've said that originally. 

No, it's quite clear what I said, so I'll repeat it for the hard of thinking. As you rightly point out, deliberate handball does not necessarily equate to a yellow card, however events considered to be unsporting behaviour eminating from a deliberate handball can be punished by a card. Is that clear enough or do you need pictures too?

If the ref had indeed chosen to book him it would've been for 'unsporting behaviour' and not 'deliberate handball'. 

The fact that you felt the need to furiously backtrack says it all. And even worse, resort to a condescending tone. The sort of behaviour I'd expect from a moderator on .net tbh. I'm not angry, just disappointed. 

If you don't like condescending tones then I'd suggest maybe not deliberately trying to wind folk up, and being pedantic and/or deliberately obtuse for your own amusement across several threads. That sort of behaviour usually elicits that kind of response. 

Archived