Jet2

SeaBass

Jet2 bans alcohol on flights before 8am.

From the Evening Standard

A budget airline has banned the sale of alcohol on flights before 8am in order to tackle disruptive and abusive behaviour.

Jet2.com is the first airline in Europe to make the move on early-morning flights and it has called on airports and shops to follow suit.

The ban, beginning Monday, follows a pledge from Aviation Minister Lord Ahmad last week to consider what more can be done to make air travel an "attractive sector for all" which is "safe and secure".

Good on them. I'd go one further and ban it on flights altogether. 

Don't get me wrong, I'll happily have a pint at the airport, no matter what time it is, it's like a wee tradition, and I even sometimes have a couple of beers on the plane, but not always. However, having been sat behind two of the biggest @rseholes I've ever seen for 4.5 hours on the way to Turkey a few weeks ago, who were not only drinking from the trolley but tanned a full litre of their Duty Free Smirnoff, I'd quite happily see it banned altogether. 

If you can't go 4.5 hours without a drink, then you've got a problem. 

I think it will depend on the airline as to how they move forward. 

No doubt one or more budget airlines will go down the route of offering mid air drinks services, marketed as an "18-30's" airline.  If the staff and the passengers are all good with that, then fine, I guess, as long as they have the right kind of security in place?

I don't think that will ever happen. It's not like it's a bar crawl. It's several hundred people travelling at 500mph 35000 feet off the ground in a steel tube, you can't ever justify rowdiness, or potential drunkenness in that scenario even if everyone is there for the same reason, in fact, especially if everyone is there for the same reason.

I've been on several 18-30's holidays when I was younger and they didn't put up with anything any differently than any other flight I've ever been on.

I don't think that will ever happen. It's not like it's a bar crawl.

I've been on several 18-30's holidays when I was younger and they didn't put up with anything any differently than any other flight I've ever been on.

Long time since you were on 18-30's holidays :DxD!! 

Different times, different standards of social behaviour, and although I agree with you, I wouldn't be surprised if such a proposal was to be considered at least. 

That all said, the aviation authorities will no doubt have the same concerns as you do.

Archived