Highlights

Turps

Holy Jebus that truely is disgraceful. Craig Thomson making a complete twat of himself, once again. When is this nonsense going to stop, it's getting beyond a joke now. St Johnstone v Celtic, Motherwell v Hearts and last night are three wonderful, recent examples of the inadequacy of Scottish officials >:(

Pars Twitter (quite rightly) aren't happy with it either.

Agreed TSHP, two valid attempts to stop the player before he got anywhere near the box. The penalty and decision was a joke but the laugh is still on us as we should have closed out the game long before the 90, the extra time and the alleged penalty effort. No point in blaming anyone but ourselves. If we had been awarded the penalty we would have no difficulty with it although I suspect we would have fluffed that too!

Agreed TSHP, two valid attempts to stop the player before he got anywhere near the box. The penalty and decision was a joke but the laugh is still on us as we should have closed out the game long before the 90, the extra time and the alleged penalty effort. No point in blaming anyone but ourselves. If we had been awarded the penalty we would have no difficulty with it although I suspect we would have fluffed that too!

No, I'm quite happy blaming the ref for gifting Hamilton their goal with 3 minutes to go with us a goal up. Absolutely robbed, regardless of what else we did or didn't do. We scored a valid goal. They didn't.

Also, why would we have been awarded the penalty...? ;-)

Still simmering about this, and the fact that despite being alerted to it, the BBC report still claims a trip in the box which Morris didn't contest. Am in a belligerent mood, so just sent them this complaint. Probably won't result in anything, but you never know.

I wish to complain about the follow sentence in this match report:

"Martin Canning's team was galvanised by the sense of injustice and, when Scott McCann ran into the penalty area, he was clearly tripped by Morris, who did not even complain about the awarded of a penalty kick"

There are at least 2 factual inaccuracies here, and while I appreciate that it is a small matter for most, I would like to see the record put straight.

The BBC's own footage (which was previously on the report, but has now gone) shows without question that the incident took place outside the box (see screen grab at http://i.imgur.com/YjFvekq.png) and that a strong complaint was indeed made by Morris. It also (in my opinion) clearly demonstrates that there was no contact worthy of the award of a foul.

While it will not change the outcome of the match, I'm very disappointed in the BBC for publishing such evidently false statements on the key incident of this match, particularly given the footage so easily available to them. 

It's especially disappointing since I have already alerted the reporter in question (Richard Wilson) to the error, via his Twitter profile a number of days ago (16 Feb). The impression is that either he or the BBC Sport editorial team care little for accuracy, even when evidence is presented.

A simple rewrite would correct the article - eg:

"Martin Canning's team was galvanised by the sense of injustice but a few moments later it was the Pars left frustrated by a refereeing decision, as they gave away a late and ultimately costly penalty. 

Scott McCann ran towards the penalty area and fell beneath the challenge of Morris, who complained, with some justification, that McCann had thrown himself over and that the incident had at any rate taken place outside the box."

The frustration at having lost the match in this way is compounded by the BBC report. I urge you to at least correct the record based on the evidence of your own cameras.

Thank you, etc...

I know it's lame to hold onto it like this, but f*** it. I'm sick of this bulls**t.

Archived