Ranieri punted

El Patrón

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One swallow doesn't make a summer but, going by that performance, Leicester possibly made the right decision in sacking Ranieri, much as it sticks in my craw to say this. If I was a Leicester fan though, I'd have a real problem getting behind some of the players in that team and as for Mr Shakespeare.................

Shades of Stephen Kenny and the Pars, although he didn't win the title for us, so that's maybe a bit of a stretch.

@GG Riva, one result isnt especially indicative that Leicester made the right decision.  

Liverpool are hit or miss at the minute.  Now, whilst I realise this may be slightly contradictory of my previous comments about Ranieri, it is entirely possible that he could have led Leicester to that victory.  

Of course, we'll never know whether Ranieri was a poor influence, or whether Liverpool were simply outfought and outplayed.  Also, its entirely possible that this result is the springboard for the rest of their season, rather than solely the influence and management style of Shakespeare. 

''GG Riva, one result isnt especially indicative that Leicester made the right decision.''

That might just be why my post started with a wee ramble about swallows and summers, Vinnie. ;-) 

''Liverpool are hit or miss at the minute.''

Correction - Liverpool have been hit and miss all season. They have an impressive record against the top sides - I think they've beaten them all, but all their 5 league defeats have come against teams from the lower end of the EPL. It's actually quite bizarre.

Archived