Ranieri punted

El Patrón

Can't help but feel sorry for him, no loyalty whatsoever. They aren't playing great and are not getting the results they did last season, but where's the reality check? They should maybe just accept that last season was a total fluke and will probably never be repeated, and that relegation battles and finishing in the bottom half of the table is actually where they belong.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost hope they get relegated now.

I really do hope they relegated now.  

I understand they need to preserve their league status, but youve got to look at individuals who have seriously underperformed.  

Folk say Kante is the difference.  One man doesnt make a team.  He didnt win the league by himself.  

Very harsh on Ranieri, especially after a pretty respectable result last night in the CL. Their league form is atrocious, sure, but there's time to fix that, and given last season he deserves that time.

The league is the bread and butter.  I agree he deserves time to fix it, but guys like Drinkwater, Morgan, Huth, Vardy, and Mahrez really needed to step up and be leaders.  Perhaps they believed in all the hype they created for themselves? 

I think that Ranieri is too nice... I dont think he has enough in him to kick a few arses to raise performance levels. 

Edit:  Ranieri hasnt set the world on fire in his various previous jobs.  Last season was a fluke.  Last season, the probable title challengers all faltered at various stages in the season and fair play to Leicester, they seized on everyone else's inconsistencies and grabbed hold of their chances when they arose. 

Archived