Admin Opportunities

Deutsch Par

A couple of admin staff on the staff have made the intention to step back because of other commitments which means we will be looking for two new admin staff in time for next season. 

If you are interested please PM me with reasons as to why you think you are suitable for the role.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do admin actually do though? So I get you can deleted, merge and lock threads. But what else? Would you be expected to be "techy" (@Vinnie, 2017)? Would you need to learn how to maintain the forum? What sort of maintenance would take place, other than things like the Facebook sign-in integration, which is all plug-ins (I assume) anyway. Would you have access to the social media accounts? And would you be expected post on them? 

I'm not sold on this yet @GordieBoy80. You're going to have to do some more convincing if you want my assistance :/ 

Just a few folk who can make the site run more effectively. We have been blessed with a good crowd of punters who regularly post and there is little in terms of the animosity that is prevalent on other sites. If we (Admin) have problems or issues we can generally resolve it between us chatting on FB messenger and that allows us to act fairly quickly with hopefully a element of common sense.   

What do admin actually do though? So I get you can deleted, merge and lock threads. But what else? Would you be expected to be "techy" (@Vinnie, 2017)? Would you need to learn how to maintain the forum? What sort of maintenance would take place, other than things like the Facebook sign-in integration, which is all plug-ins (I assume) anyway. Would you have access to the social media accounts? And would you be expected post on them? 

I'm not sold on this yet @GordieBoy80. You're going to have to do some more convincing if you want my assistance :/ 

To be fair, this site isnt like .net, not once have I seen a deleted thread, a deleted comment, or anything negative (apart from when folk tell me my opinion is wrong >:(). 

Archived