Samsung Mobile Users

Vinnie

1 hour ago, Fu_Manchu said:

My Samsung mobile doesn't have any apps, or a camera, or online access. I can only make calls and send texts on it. Do I win a prize?

No... but there is a spot in the Natural History Museum missing a Fu Manchu relic

2 hours ago, Al k said:

Don't think you can. It sets up folders automatically for the media source.

Facebook messenger, skype, whatsapp, downloads etc....  

Apparently some Android phones can ... I have tried every setting but I cant figure it out for Samsung.  Its not a big issue, its just irritating

35 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Apparently some Android phones can ... I have tried every setting but I cant figure it out for Samsung.  Its not a big issue, its just irritating

Have you tried switching it off and on again? Or you could try punching yourself in the pus?

22 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I have a question about my Samsung and WhatsApp.  Why do the photos I take or receive get duplicated onto my Gallery?  And what settings can I **** about with to stop it?

Cheers and thanks and blah blah blah

What do you mean duplicated? Like there are 2 versions of the image on your phone? Most likely there aren't, it'll just be your gallery displaying the ones WhatsApp is storing anyway - but it's not using twice as much storage because it's the same files being shown in a different way.

If you really don't want to see the WhatsApp pics in your Gallery, you could add a .nomedia file to that folder and the gallery app will ignore it. Not sure if it would impact on WhatsApp, but I don't think so.

EDIT - just tried it. Opened my file explorer app, Solid Explorer, navigated to the WhatsApp>Media>WhatsApp Images folder, added a new file and called it .nomedia. Immediately my gallery app could not see that folder, or the images I'd received via WhatsApp, but they were still there in the WA messages themselves.

EDIT 2 - if you Google "add .nomedia file" you'll likely be shown step by step instructions - however the one that pops up for me recommends using ES Explorer - don't do that, as ES is notoriously full of bloatware now.

Fabulous!! Sounds awfy techie bit I will give it a bash!

Youre right about the explanation of the duplicate thing too, and you explained it better than me...

On fire today Mr Sanguine, on fire!

Edit to say.... well that was easy! 

Apparently I have a fourteen day free trial so will I find that this stops working in 13 days and 23 hrs time? 

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

Fabulous!! Sounds awfy techie bit I will give it a bash!

Youre right about the explanation of the duplicate thing too, and you explained it better than me...

On fire today Mr Sanguine, on fire!

Edit to say.... well that was easy! 

Apparently I have a fourteen day free trial so will I find that this stops working in 13 days and 23 hrs time? 

Glad it worked :-)

Nah, it shouldn't revert, all you've done is out a file in there. The trail expiring will just just prevent you reverting it or doing something similar.

Apologies though, I forgot that Solid was a paid app, I got it on sale ages ago!

Archived