Manafort found guilty. Cohen pleads guilty. Trump is in trouble.

It comes down to November's midterm elections - if the Dems take the house and make any progress in the Senate (they won't take control completely I wouldn't think) then impeachment could be on the cards before too long. 

At the very least, Mueller will hopefully be protected, especially if Trump dumps Sessions as AG as seems highly probable.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I have a feeling that the Mid Terms will have a positive result and that change is coming.

A few stories like African-American woman wins Massachusetts primary are being published.  Can only be good.

I've not got any knowledge of her policies, but definitely good on the face of it. Kind of surprised that Massachusetts hadn't elected a black woman before, although I guess if the previous guy had been in place for over twenty years it's maybe less surprising.

Meanwhile Trump is getting his diapers in a twist again, this time over Bob 'I helped bring Nixon down' Woodward's latest book which rips him apart with less-than-flattering quotes from WH insiders. Ha ha :-)

Sorry to rain on your parade here. This chunt won. Until the ballot box says otherwise, this chunt is winning.

Another story on the BBC today about dissent in his staff. One of many that have appeared on almost a daily basis. His reaction is typically despotic. Any other politician would have been finished by now. His ratings should be zero. He isn’t, they aren’t.

Mid - terms? Big deal. He won’t be the first president to have a hostile House.

He is here until the 2020s (unless he quite deservedly contracts a terminal illness). Get used to it.

Even if he goes, I feel that the genie is out of the bottle and the U.S will continue it’s transformation from a sometimes flawed great nation to a completely deluded fhud infested sheighthole.

15 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

White House insiders working to stifle Trump, they liken themselves to the Resistance.

To be fair, they explicitly distinguish themselves from "the resistance".

I'm actually kind of against this particular approach from someone within government. If they are in there and think he's that bad then they need to be out and decrying Trump, not trying to run the country their way. 

As @Teuchterrightly says, he was elected, like it or not, and whether or not he used illegal means to do so as I happen to think is the case. If he's to be brought down, it has to be by the rule of law and in relation to actual crimes he committed, not just because someone on the inside happens to disagree with him, that's a recipe for anarchy.

I don't agree with your overall analysis Teuchter, as a hostile house will help keep him in check in the way it's supposed to, unlike the current disgraceful GOP charade. If they win big enough, they may even have scope to make a serious and IMO merited go at impeachment. At the very least they can try to help protect Mueller.

The biggest worry now IMO is the proposed appointment of Kavanagh to SCOTUS. Did you see his evasiveness yesterday when quizzed by Kamala Harris over his past discussions about Mueller? It's breathtaking: 

Archived