Manafort found guilty. Cohen pleads guilty. Trump is in trouble.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I saw a headline yesterday - "Trump refuses to give evidence for fear of committing perjury".  Cant remember where I saw it but you just cant make this stuff up

Indeed. Followed up by his ace (cousin marrying) attorney Rudy Giuliani saying on TV (and doubling down when given the chance to say he misspoke) that "Truth isn't truth"

Yes Rudy, and we've always been at war with Eastasia, right?

Rudy reminds me of Ben Kenobi trying to justify the whole "Darth Vader killed your father" story. Not quite the truth, but enough of the truth from a "certain point of view".

To be fair, surely truth depends on your agenda? ..... If you look at Wings Over Scotland for example, their reporting is the truth as they see it. And many believe their blogging to be the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.  There may be a great deal of fact in their blogging, but they remove the counter argument.  Their facts are the truth as per their agenda.

Truth is truth. Giuliani is either a confused old fool or a complicit liar. Possibly both.

In other news, now two major players at the publisher of the National Enquirer have been granted immunity in return for cooperation with Cohen's prosecutors.

The NE of course was the "newspaper" which did a catch and kill on the Karen McDougall affair story to help Trump pre-election. Goodness know what else they've been saying. 

The dominos are starting to topple... :-)

Apparently US polls have Trumps approval rating the lowest its actually been.  Polls are not always a true gauge, it very much depends on the demographic polled.  The "Mid-Terms" are coming up soon, and that's where it will be interesting to see whether the Democrats gain ground or take control of Congress.  If that happens, it'll really add momentum to getting rid of him. 

The real question will be whether Trump is arrogant to fight an Impeachment charge, or whether he'll resign before it gets that far?

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Apparently US polls have Trumps approval rating the lowest its actually been.  Polls are not always a true gauge, it very much depends on the demographic polled.  The "Mid-Terms" are coming up soon, and that's where it will be interesting to see whether the Democrats gain ground or take control of Congress.  If that happens, it'll really add momentum to getting rid of him. 

The real question will be whether Trump is arrogant to fight an Impeachment charge, or whether he'll resign before it gets that far?

I hope he tries to cling on as he is ripped kicking and screaming from office, from wealth and from freedom itself.

Meanwhile... 

Trump Organization executive Allen Weisselberg, who allegedly helped arrange hush-money reimbursement to Cohen, receives immunity

Dominos...

7 hours ago, Vinnie said:

It's all distraction tactics.

Another one is his ridiculous claim that the interview he gave to Lester Holt (in which he said quite openly that he fired Comey over "this Russia thing" - aka admitting that he obstructed justice) was doctored in some way, and even more ridiculous that Holt got in trouble as a result. It wasn't and he didn't.

Trump is doing anything he can to distract from the trouble he's in. And his cult members will swallow it whole and regurgitate it mindlessly.

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

God no!!  He's all over the place!!  Surely the average American can see he's losing the plot?

I think the problem is that the average American has little or no concept of what is going on, they are worse than sheep. In the time I see he has been president there is absolutely no concept of accountability. 

True, but by rights he should have been trounced. He confounded all experts and predictions.

Now he is the incumbent. As long as the economy doesn’t nosedive he has the advantage as even a lot of otherwise reasonably minded people in the US are governed by one thing - money.

Archived