Manafort found guilty. Cohen pleads guilty. Trump is in trouble.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He seems to think the result was a ringing endorsement. Which means he'll continue to be loud and brash and divisive and inflammatory.

With the House of Representatives giving Democrats far more influence than in the past 24 months, things wont go Trumps way, and I think the uneducated of his followers will lose interest because he cant deliver on promises. I think he'll be childish and petulant and demonstrate further that he is not Presidential material. 

I can imagine there may be a strong challenge from within the Republicans when they start the run for Presidency.

I will be well chuffed if in a couple of years you can dig up that post and say "telt ye" after the scenario plays out as you have written it.

It may as well have been a ringing endorsement as he has fared not much worse than many other Presidents. Bawbaggery has been normalised.

What is up with the septics?

9 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

I will be well chuffed if in a couple of years you can dig up that post and say "telt ye" after the scenario plays out as you have written it.

Chances are itll be like putting on a football coupon.  If I think it, it happens, if I say it Im screwed. :/

• 2 months later...

Bumping this old thread to the top again as a big development today with the indictment and arrest of long-time Trump confidant, and all round utter pr*ck, Roger Stone.

Stolen summary from the Guardian live feed:

• Roger Stone, a long-time Donald Trump ally, has been charged with obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements, as part of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.
  • The indictment alleges that Stone spoke to senior Trump campaign officials about WikiLeaks “and information it might have had that would be damaging to the [Hillary] Clinton campaign”.
  • In a worrying development for Donald Trump, the president could potentially be implicated in Stone’s alleged crimes. The indictment describes a senior Trump campaign official as being “directed” to contact Stone regarding releases damaging to the Clinton campaign. The accusation begs the question as to who in the Trump campaign could have directed the unnamed senior official.
  • Stone was arrested by FBI agents at his Fort Lauderdale, Florida, home at around 6am on Friday morning. CNN footage showed a number of armed agents approaching the house. Stone is due to appear in court at 11am.
  • In a separate development Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chairman, is due to appear in a Washington DC court today. Manafort will face accusations that he lied to Mueller after agreeing to cooperate with the special counsel’s office.

The senior Trump campaign official is supposedly (former White House Chief Strategist) Steve Bannon.

3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I wonder when Trump will sack Mueller for getting too close to the truth? 

As soon as he wants to be impeached I would guess :-)

In all seriousness, I wouldn't trust the GOP to go after him even after that. However I suspect Mueller has a number of dead man switches set up should the plug get pulled.

For instance there's a case he handed off to the New York Attorney General that would continue even if the Mueller investigation is stifled. I would imagine that's not the only one too.

Also, public support for Mueller is growing, and with every indictment, guilty plea and conviction, Trump's Witch Hunt tantrums become ever less credible.

Archived