Supporters' Council Minutes and Sports Science video

This is just to note that the Minutes of the Supporters' Council are now available on the official website, and these include within them a link to Allan Johnston and Gary McColl talking about DAFC and Sports Science

It is important to say that the Supporters' Council is organised by a group of fans, and doesn't just happen on the night. In particular for this one, I must thank Eddie Martin, Craig Brown, John Simpson, Gennaro Giudice, John Russell, Nicola Campbell and Graeme Herd. I'd also like to thank Marvyn Stewart and Lorna Morton who constantly give great backing to these meetings.

When we set up the new constitution of the Club, we wanted to build openness and accountability overtly into the structure. This reflects the widely spread share-holding, but also the belief that Dunfermline Athletic in a general sense is a community asset of great value. The Supporters' Council is one part of that approach.

What is great is that there is a virtually full turnout of the DAFC Board, and they can be seen chatting away informally before and after the meeting as well as dealing with formal points raised.

The more people we can get interested in DAFC, and the more involved they are (albeit perhaps just in small ways which suit their time availability), then the better shape this Club will be in the long term. 

The Minutes are available now (including being able to see the Sports Science video) at 

http://www.dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Supporters_Council_Meeting_Minutes&ID=8787

Just read through the minutes from the meeting and pleasing to see so much still happening and more importantly progressing.

I take my hat off to those giving up their spare time. I've been to a couple of meetings at the club and attended a couple of things after being invited, I need to try harder being honest.

That said I'm not convinced that I could be arsed with the inevitable politics around certain aspects of helping out: from a personal perspective.

Particularly pleased for progress on the Disabled fans front, well worthwhile and where it's at regarding the ethos being developed at the club.

Would be nice though if some of the full inclusive ethos was truly adopted by certain people at the club though. Not convinced that historical grudges aren't clouding peoples charitable or empathetic side. For example.

DAFC.net had continued to be divisive among the fans who used the forum over the last few month. Mainly from an administration point of view. That now seems to be coming under less scrutiny given it's trying out new people in responsible roles. I personally don't use it (not surprising given my history there) but I hope it flourishes given the important role it plays in promoting the club.

There is a feeling (rightly or wrongly) that some people see Charlie D's as some kind of an encumbrance to the clubs spiritual well being given the general rowdiness (I'd call it passion & atmosphere) on home match days. I personally think this is a lot of tosh and I don't care for those who might want us all to live in a land of Rainbows and Unicorns. It's a seething ball of energy and positivity, and the eclectic mix of fans and the increasing popularity tells me it's worthwhile. It's sad that certain people look at some of us like we'd crawled from a drain post match coming into Legends for a pint. People should be more tolerant and focus on their own spare time usage instead of backyard tutting and the dishing out of morality glances when the first line of a song is uttered. If they want it stopped then just say so. Nobody wants to damage the corporate situation or have anyone feel uncomfortable, never has been or never will be the intention ....well not from me anyway.

The Editor of the clubs programme decided not to publish a piece on this new fans website (I wasn't going to mention this). We had been asked and I volunteered to offer to put something together, mainly so I felt like I was helping this website out given the real stuff done around this website has been by the other guys. The piece was rejected after several attempts to get the content, grammar, spelling, structure, framework, wordage numbers correct. Fair enough but I wasn't aware we were entering some kind of Literary contest, just promoting a new fans initiative that is here in turn ultimately to promote and support DAFC.

All that is off my chest now, thanks if you can be arsed reading it but it's heartfelt. This is no way is meant to be an injection of negativity, I'm more positive than this time last year and I'm appreciative of the guys efforts regarding the hard work they put in.

In this together, yes I believe so, but I have my doubts about some of the people involved seeing it the same way.

Archived