Looking back...

Paradox

When Craw got the job, and we got dumped out of the Cup, i couldn't see where a goal was coming from, far less a win.

This season has been dismal, but if we manage to cling on to 5th place, at least there is a financial benefit in terms of "prize" money.

Hoping to see some exciting young talent brought in, together with a couple of experienced, quality players, to make a push for promotion next season. 

Mitigating circumstances or not, there are not many managers who would survive 7 in a row without a win - 6 of them defeats.The rolling contract suggested that the board had to be convinced, so they have a decision to make.

It is not necessarily only the board that need to make a choice. Crawford will hopefully be honestly reflecting if he is up to the task. If he decides that he is, I hope that his defiance in the face of evidence to the contrary is proved right.

At the moment there is no glimmer of hopes to cling to for next season. We just need to hope whoever is in charge hits upon a group of players who can work together. Progress that can be built on is the main thing I am hoping for.

7 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

True, but putting Crawford on a rolling contract was not one of them.

If it’s a month rolling contract then he should be punted by may1st with the rest of the team that contracts have ended. 

Its not been good enough! 

Imo the board and well done they saved our club but don’t have the experience to take a football club forward.

crawford and his sidekicks are not the way!

4 hours ago, Teuchter said:

At the moment there is no glimmer of hopes to cling to for next season. We just need to hope whoever is in charge hits upon a group of players who can work together. Progress that can be built on is the main thing I am hoping for.

100% this.

Absolutely zero positives to take from this season.

Hopefully we avoid the relegation playoffs, and can get things moving for next season, whoever is in charge.

2 hours ago, SanguinePar said:

We have avoided the relegation playoffs. We're safe.

Funny - I did think this when i looked at the league table this morning.  Hadn't seen any mention of it elsewhere.

Just highlights how bad this season has been.

The Board gave AJ his jotters.

They've tried something brave and a bit different.

I don't think it's working out though and I'm not convinced that bringing in another experienced Manager is a guarantee of success. But I think it's got to be done.

These players are not playing for that jersey and I genuinely think there is an element who don't give a f*ck. Get them jettisoned from our club.

We're in a bit of mess just now but we've got the opportunity to make the necessary changes and I hope the guys on the Board do so soon.

Bad season cannot end quick enough ..... The Jackie McNamara involvement does not sit well with me ...... If I am wrong I'll be the first to apologise but football is agent run now and can see good money being sucked from our club for little return ...... Jackie allegedly took a cut from selling his best players at Dundee Utd. Loved the guy as a player...... but not in his current position ..... But maybe I've read it wrong perhaps he is giving his services for free ....Some on here will know better than me 

As a set of supporters, this season has got to be a reality check.  We are not the massive club many still seem to think we are.

As I see it, we have a Board of Pars fans who happen to be business folk too.  They have seen the cluster**** of Mastertons era, where we overspent in search of near impossible dreams.  I appreciate fan frustrations, but Im thankful of the Boards sensible approach to finance, and ensuring we have a club to continue supporting.

We are going to struggle to overhaul the whole squad.  We dont have the finances to pay off the dross.  Whoever is manager will have some dead wood to deal with.  

And whoever is manager, I imagine the fans expectations are for immediate results.  I can see fans turning on the manager quickly if the results dont meet their exaggerated standards.  Chopping and changing manager every six months does not settle a squad to perform and achieve - every manager will have different ideas, and each manager will want players to suit that style, building a squad will take a few seasons again.

An experienced manager doesnt guarantee success.  We are in the toughest, most competitive division with a number of club who might consider themselves Premiership teams. 

Patience is needed, although thats in short supply with football fans.

Archived