Fitbaw on tv or being at the game?

Fifes Elite

Must say unless I have my mates with me while watching a game at home I get bored quite easily and find myself pottering about doing other things with one eye on the score/whats going on. I find myself often going to watch junior games rather than watching what is suppose to be the best football on offer in the champions league at times unless it's a special game like a derby or a final on the tv.

The only time I slightly deviate from perfering the outside live games is when it's extremely baltic and windy (east fife away with the terracing recently spings to mind).

How does everyone enjoy football on the tv and is it a substitute for being at a live games for you?

I watched a fair amount if I'm in although I tend to flick between games rather than sit and watch one fully. Tonight for instance I'm just watching soccer special rather than a game. When im not at a pars game I usually go and watch my local amateur or junior team if they are at home.

I don't really watch much in the house except Scotland games, or the odd Champions League game, but it has to be a game worth watching with two 'big' teams. I'd rarely watch a game where I've no preference on who wins. My son on the other hand watches EPL, SPFL, MLS, Bundesliga, Eredivisie, French football, two flys kicking a crumb about a plate...

There is no substitute for a live game, but having said that. I find it easier to 'analyse' a game on TV, than I do a live one, probably because you have the benefit of replays etc.

I find it hard to pay attention to games on TV that I have no interest in (i.e. any games involving teams I don't care about, so any games that don't involve the Pars or Scotland) if I'm watching by myself. If I'm with a friend(s) then I find it easier to watch as we usually talk about it and make fun of much of it.

The Champions League bores me to pieces and I just can't be doing with it. Didn't even watch the last final and didn't even know who was in it for a good while.

I do like highlights though.

Guest The Beer Baron

When I was younger and through my teens, I'd watch any football I could, but going to East End was still the best. Now, I rarely watch games that don't involve us or Scotland and even then, it's a stretch if I do.

Archived