Kelty Hearts

Paradox

Guest The Beer Baron

I wonder what the owners see as their end game? Simply to reach League Two and then hope for some big cup matches to sustain them? Or higher up in proper Gretna fashion? 

39 minutes ago, the saline hill puma said:

They want to get up through the leagues. Dont think Barry Ferguson will get them very far though

There is a wee video on YouTube about Kelty and Ferguson.  Interesting viewing.  They want to be an SPFL club, apparently Ferguson has been well received. 

Guest The Beer Baron

He was a huge flop at Clyde who now won promotion. 

Looks like they're gambling not only on winning the league but winning both play offs next season. We could well see Cowdenbeath v Kelty in the final, that would be an absolutely brilliant spectacle. 

11 minutes ago, scottyboy said:

They'll be fine as long as the money men don't pull out. I hope they reach their ambition. 

Don't think there is much chance of that. They're backed by Dean Mackenzie from Conservatory Converters who is a Kelty guy through and through. He's been involved with both Kelty Hearts and Kelty Sunday and Amatuer teams for years. My only explanation of how they are paying for these guys is that he is employing them and paying them that way. There is no way Kelty's income could sustain the wages they are reputedly paying these players, their wage bill has been in six figures for several years. £500pw for Nathan Austin  apparently, and Barry Ferguson is on £40k a year!

It has to be through Conservatory Converters.

Followed Kelty since I was wee and its been an interesting journey for them since then. I kinda know Dean but know his father a bit better and he is a Kelty man through and through in fairness. In saying that it has all the hallmarks of ending in tears or something dodgy going on from the outside. Hopefully not obviously. Looking at the accounts at companies house for CC they do have pretty sizeable cash in the bank. In addition I know they have done the cash plus apprenticeship type offer to players (Hubby being the obvious one). They are spending on infrastructure too, with grand plans for more stands/facilities so its not just the playing squad they are spending money in

£100ish a season ticket doesn't sound bad tbf

Archived