Scotland v Poland

Paradox

2-2 Draw I think. There will definitely be goals as Lewandowski is scoring for fun just now, but their back four is average at best, and all of our strikers in the squad scored at the weekend too, which will breed a wee bit confidence. 

It's not a great feeling to have been proved correct...

We were at our most effective last night when we were playing 4-4-2.

Can't understand why we persist with the systems that Strachan and others have used which clearly don't work.

Northern Ireland and Wales have managed to win their respective groups with squads of predominantly lesser-known players.

Our squad consists almost entirely of players plying their trade in the English Premiership, or at Celtic, and we haven't even managed to make the play-offs.

I like Strachan, and hope he stays on, but the over-reliance on the same players is clearly not helping us.  I fail to understand why a natural goalscorer like Jordan Rhodes doesn't get more game-time.  We should be building a team around guys like him, not freezing him out because he doesn't fit into the system being used.

I think we spend too much time worrying about the opposition, rather than focusing on our own strengths. 

Rhodes isn't a proven goalscorer though is he? Not at any sort of top level anyway. It's not enough of a justification for me to include him. He's 25 now and still hasn't made it to the EPL. That to me says it all.

Folk absolutely slate Fletcher without taking into account what else he does during a game. He's like Scotland's version of Moffat.

Archived