If you could wipe one song from existence...

7 hours ago, Fu_Manchu said:

Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty, always on the fecking jukebox in the Belleville. You have no idea how much I hate that song!

Fu, one worse than that on that jukebox was Jimmy Osmond, Long Haired Lover From Liverpool. Me and a friend Pete put it on so it would repeat at least twelve times, by the fifth time the natives were getting a bit restless and we departed for the escape route that was Edinburgh.

Bryan Adams - song from the Kevin Costner Robin Hood movie. Back in the sea ya Canadian c*nt. 

KC & the Sunshine Band - Give it up. Played everywhere in 1984.

Wet Wet Wet - their cover of the Troggs song from that horrendous film 4 Weddings & a Funeral. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, VOX said:

Joe ‘Feckin” Dolce with shaddup you face.  Was truly a devastating 1981, coming across here with his mock Italian accent and stealing our number one spot !  Still gutted to this day ! 

Oh, is that why you're called VOX? I always wondered :-)

Fwiw Shaddap Your Face was my favourite song when I was wee!

Mr Sanguine , I scoff in your general direction sir. Your lack of musical taste is noteworthy and I will forever feel pity for you. 

Any “comedy” song. Ever.

Even that super Mario lookalike, Dolce, can’t beat “Mr Blobby” by believe it or not Mr Blobby. What a travesty that was ! The Top of the Pop charts should of been burnt to the ground at that juncture, it was the beginning of the end of music as we know it. Nae wonder I drank heavily at the time in a desperate effort to block it all out. Complete beemer even thinking about it. 

Archived