Scotland Euro chances.

scottyboy

**** **** and more ****

is every player tested daily/ 48 hourly or what ? 

looking at all the Group Tables we are currently the “Third”placed side ( along with Croatia) who have fewest points ( One) , all the rest having Two or Three or Four with a game to play. Not optimistic. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Different tournament same old story. It is just a question of whether it will be total balls up or an agonising close call.

I can’t for the life of me see how the World Cup finalists will be fearing Scotland. A healthy respect maybe (which, to their detriment, I am willing to bet was lacking from England on Friday).

Hopefully there will be further qualifications and opportunities to get the failing at first hurdle monkey off their back.

A goal would be nice at least.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

**** **** and more ****

is every player tested daily/ 48 hourly or what ? 

looking at all the Group Tables we are currently the “Third”placed side ( along with Croatia) who have fewest points ( One) , all the rest having Two or Three or Four with a game to play. Not optimistic. 

In terms of scenarios, there's a decent enough chance, or at least a plausible one. If Belgium beat Finland today (Or Denmark beat Russia) and we beat Croatia by 2 goals, we go through.

And if Ukraine and Austria don't draw and we beat Croatia by 2 we go through.

And if we get the results we want in both those groups even a 1-0 win over Croatia would be enough.

There are other scenarios too I think, but the main thing is a good win against the Croats.

44 minutes ago, SanguinePar said:

There are other scenarios too I think, but the main thing is a good win against the Croats.

That is a massive ask. A 1-0 win, or even a draw, would be an achievement. The Croats won’t be lacking motivation. Despite their much talked about demise, they are not lacking talent either.

Even with a win, we are talking about a minor miracle for things to fall Scotland ’s way. It is hard to be optimistic. 

17 minutes ago, Teuchter said:

That is a massive ask. A 1-0 win, or even a draw, would be an achievement. The Croats won’t be lacking motivation. Despite their much talked about demise, they are not lacking talent either.

Even with a win, we are talking about a minor miracle for things to fall Scotland ’s way. It is hard to be optimistic. 

Oh, it'll be tough, no doubt. But by kickoff tomorrow, it could be in our hands.

Another scenario is that we beat Croatia and the Czechs beat England, with enough net goal difference swing to put us into second place! Now, that would be nice :-)

There we go, Austria win, leaving Ukraine on 3 points.

It's now in Scotland's hands - a win by 2 and we will qualify for the next round. And that need for a certain margin will disappear as long as either Belgium beat Finland or Denmark beat Russia or France beat Portugal (and possibly some others) - any Scotland win would be enough then.

Archived