MAC

Captain Deadpool

It seems to me that there is something going on with this guy. He’s been on the bench for a while now and in the past two games never even looked like he was coming on. I don’t think he even did a serious warm up in the second half on Saturday. It was as if he knew he wasn’t getting on regardless, despite us clearly needing a fresh option up front.

Apparently he was a fanny at other clubs (I say apparently as I’m only going on what I’ve heard from fans of those clubs, and fans are notorious for talking ****e) and has a poor attitude. Has he done something in training? Or has been a general fandan? Or is he just carrying a slight injury and will start on Saturday?

I have absolutely nothing to base this on, but I get the impression that has been a bit of a disruption in the dressing room since he arrived. I haven’t heard anything to this effect and have zero to base it on, but just have a hunch.

If he is a fanny, punt him in January. If he isn’t, start him on Saturday in place of El Bakhtoui and give him more game time.

I have a tendency to agree with this @Colonel John Matrix.  He was heralded as being something of a coup when we got him, yet the fact he has played for 20 (or so) clubs in 14 years would suggest something about his attitude behind the scenes.  Was there not some dissent from him about not getting picked on his Twitter account a while back?

He is obviously a goalscorer, so IMO, we either play him, or punt him in January and use the wages for someone else.

He certainly hasn't had the impact (so far) that I had expected/hoped for.

Would we miss him if he left?  Doubtful IMO.

He said something about being raging on Facebook (typical vaguebooking) after the win in Stranraer then refused to go into any further detail when challenged about it.  (Writing this as if the Facebook account is actually his, I'm not convinced).

There is also the well documented "fight" with Rab Douglas when he was at Dundee. Well,  I say fight but big Rab floored him with one punch. 

Seems to be a waste of a signing tbh.

I think some questions have to be asked of AJ on this one too.

Firstly, he chased the guy for quite some time to get his signature.  Now that Faiss isn't scoring as freely as he was, the team have been crying out for another option up front, particularly in the more physical games.

If MAC isn't the man for this, then a) what other option is there, and b) why did we sign him?

On good pitches, Faiss and Moff would be my preferred starting pair, although my patience with Faiss is on the slide again.

However, if we are needing to throw long balls into the box, or just need a front man to hold the ball up, MAC has shown that he can do both.

Perhaps now, as the pitches are getting heavier, this is the time to play him, and to give him longer in a game to make an impact?

Archived