Who do we want in next round?

Deutsch Par

I'd take Ibrox tbh. I think it's a winable tie and will porbbaly tie it in with a few beers in Glasgow.

We would have to be at our best to win it obviosuly though. Our defending as a team is pretty good these days so I don't think it's a dead cert they would win.

I still head there our of stubborness tbh, saying that although we got gubbed there the last couple of times it was great sing "the rangers died and the pars survived" and "Tell all the huns you know, that the rangers are dead and we're no, their no longer here so lets have a beer the Rangers are dead and we're no".

I might price up some inflatable zombies for the trip

Infact are tying up that post and now want them.

Bring  the dead team on

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going for cash all the way for the club in honesty.

Big draw away please.

Ugh.

It really wouldn't be that much cash as if we were to get Celtic or Sevco away (please no) the crowd would struggle to break 15,000 at this stage.

That's a fair point tbh, when we played at Ibrox in the Cup a couple of seasons ago Rangers had cash gates on the night because of poor ticket sales.  Fair enough it was a Friday night and it was on the BBC but there's no reason to think that it might not happen again considering how quick TV companies are to drop their drawers for any chance to show Celtic or Rangers. 

Beating Ayr was a great result in terms of the fact that they are our main rivals for the league.

Had we beaten anyone else in the Cup, I don't think it would have had any real significance other than progressing to the next round.

For the Club to progress, we need to get into the Championship, sooner rather than later.  I'll quite happily take a pay-day from a cup-tie in the meantime.

I'm desperate for us to be back in the Championship - be great to have some derbies to look forward to again.

Home tie v Ross County just been drawn.

Also has Jim McIntyre coming back and wanting to put one over us.  Like you say we have beaten one SPL side this season but we rode our luck for long periods in that one, we've also lost to two awful sides in Cup competition this season so it's not a game I am confident with tbh

I know it's not the SPL any more but that was purely to piss Colonel John Matrix off :D

Folk need to stop this chat of cash in regards to cup games. You’re supposed to be football fans, not football chairmen.

Any money made from a cup game, even if it’s £10, is a bonus as the club have not budgeted on cup ties (anyone who does is a ****ing idiot).

This is probably a fair point TBH.  I just want us out of this league, first and foremost.

Archived