Who do we want in next round?

Deutsch Par

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Falkirk would most likely give us a bit of a hiding given our recent performances. Some folk are deluding themselves about our quality. Remember what happened the last time we played a team in a league above us?

I want a Highland League team away, If not then a Lowland League or Junior team away.

Anyone wanting a 'big team away for the money' should stop following football.

Falkirk would most likely give us a bit of a hiding given our recent performances. Some folk are deluding themselves about our quality. Remember what happened the last time we played a team in a league above us?

We also beat a Premiership side and took another to extra time, so what's your point? 

Any progress in the Cups is a bonus for me this year (hopefully financially too).

The Championship still promises to be a really good league next year, and I'm desperate for us to be in it.  Even if Rangers and Hibs do go up, there is still the prospect of games v The Wee Team, F*&kirk, and possibly even Dundee United for the winners of our league to look forward to.

That would see season ticket sales stay buoyant IMO, and keep the gates at a good level, both home and away.

We also beat a Premiership side and took another to extra time, so what's your point? 

Dundee United should have beaten us in normal time. We were hanging on in the second half. Also they are dire.

Wasn't at the Dundee game but apparently we played well. This was at the start of the season when we were playing well.

Our performances recently have not been great and suggest we would not fare well against a team from a higher league (this is why I stated 'given our recent performances' in the post above). Against Cowdenbeath, Albion Rovers and Peterhead recently we were dire and to me this doesn't suggest to me that we would be able to beat a team from the league above.

Archived