DAFC v Raith Rovers.

scottyboy

We were largely ****e and created maybe one good chance in the whole 90 minutes(Thomas blocked shot in first half) and managed a grand total of 1(one) shot on target in the  90 minutes(it was a good one TBF), but what a dreaful watch, despite having most of the ball in the first half Rovers had the only real shots on goal, 2nd half after our goal we basically camped in the 18 yard box and had no out ball once Grant took both O'Hara and Wighton off and put Todorov up top on his own.

Just get PG punted asap, cunts a total clown.

• Upvote 1

Always gutting to lose an equaliser near the end, especially in the derby, but it was the first time post-lockdown that I've been to EEP and it's felt something like it should be - the fans were great last night.  

I think we look a pretty good outfit when we don't have the ball - well organised, tenacious, hard-working etc.  We look pretty awful when we do have it though.  There seems to be no relationship between the full-backs and the wingers in front of them, we can't string more than three passes together and nothing sticks up front.  O'Hara only looks good off the bench against tiring defenders and Wighton sometimes looks like the game is getting in the way of his light jogging session.  

Edited by DA-go Par Adonis
  • Upvote 1

That was very disappointing. After leading for so much of the 2nd half, the draw felt like a defeat, the opposite of that last minute equaliser v Killie.

You could see the players were desperate for the win, but a lack of confidence was evident as we retreated deeper into our own half with no out ball. It was almost inevitable we would concede.

I heard some nonsense spouted by scunnered supporters on my way home, such as "Another draw, Grant will be happy with that", "The Board will be telling us we should be happy because we're improving" and "The Board are keeping Grant on because they're scared to admit they made a mistake." Literally no one is happy with that result and no one is defending Peter Grant. The Board's continuing support for the manager is a source of concern for many fans. I can only imagine that he's been told he has until a certain date to get that elusive first win or be sacked.

I thought we started brightly but then got bogged down, created very few chances and even less shots on target. A wonder goal from Dom Thomas deserved to win the game, but I always felt we needed a 2nd. Although service to the forwards was poor, I feel they heed to work harder. Far too often, Rovers players had too much time and space in possession, allowing them to pick a pass and put us under pressure. Defending starts from the front and closing down opponents on the ball should be a given and not the odd half hearted token effort on display last night.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe the board are satisfied about our results and performances. I believe they've been supportive as any employer should be in that they've not been reactionary in sacking Grant earlier. That's now surely changed now though and they've got to act. This is about arresting a situation. This cannot continue, it's both irresponsible and almost irrational to do so. Grant has to go now. 

• Upvote 5

This season in a polite term so far is a sh**e show.

last season the objective was to get to the play offs which we managed by the skin off our teeth.

this season should have been a progression on that but sadly and worryingly the board are happy sitting on there hands doing sweet f all about it. 

the fans are taking the brunt off it and continually back the team. The young lads in the north west were brilliant last night and have been every time I’ve been this season. They said in the email I got they weren’t taking the fans for granted it certainly seems that way to me from what I’m seeing. They kept the north west gate shut for nearly 15 mins after game finished last night when next to no rover fans walked passed. We pay our money into the club and gets ****ed up the wall employing a joke of a manager and some off the player recruitment has been utter crap. 

I’ll continue to go but the board or manager dosent have my support. The players do as I think they are being sold down the river by who is managing them and the club.

it’s certainly worrying times being a pars fan 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Piracy said:

I don't believe the board are satisfied about our results and performances. I believe they've been supportive as any employer should be in that they've not been reactionary in sacking Grant earlier. That's now surely changed now though and they've got to act. This is about arresting a situation. This cannot continue, it's both irresponsible and almost irrational to do so. Grant has to go now. 

The board have previous though for letting a manager continue when it's clear hes out his depth, that's what is worrying me.

The final nail in his coffin should have been after the QOS game. I’m sure if we were all still performing to his standards in our jobs after being told to pick it up we would have been shown the door.

its enivitable that dick Campbell will hit that final nail in the coffin on Saturday when we go up to Arbroath and get beat 

1 hour ago, SRBpar said:

this season should have been a progression on that but sadly and worryingly the board are happy sitting on there hands doing sweet f all about it. 

Let's nail that one now. The Board may be sitting on their hands for now, but they are Pars fans, so there's absolutely no way they're happy that we're bottom of the league. I'd be very surprised if Grant hasn't been given an ultimatum - get a win on the board by a certain date or you're out. My hunch is if we're still winless after the Morton game, he's away.

17 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

Let's nail that one now. The Board may be sitting on their hands for now, but they are Pars fans, so there's absolutely no way they're happy that we're bottom of the league. I'd be very surprised if Grant hasn't been given an ultimatum - get a win on the board by a certain date or you're out. My hunch is if we're still winless after the Morton game, he's away.

We’ve played 11 games for goodness sake. The time for ultimatums has long since gone.

Edited by Keyser Soze
  • Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

They maybe pars fans but that dosent excuse the fact they are still employing a manager that has been a failure where ever he has been. Why wait till Morton that could be 6 points dropped then we have a mountain to climb and tbh a win just papers over the cracks, he’s not gonna turn our season around regardless get him so far to f**k