Potential of Relegation

kelty_par

I know it’s a bit premature, but if this does become reality, then next season would be very tough. League one is a much better standard now than when we were in it. 3 full time teams plus some very good part time teams too. I just pray the board wake up as they are sleepwalking us into relegation the now IMO

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

I wonder if we have relegation clauses in place in players contracts?

I wouldnt like to guess how much money the club will be losing this season already but relegation to league one will result in massive financial implications.

I’d highly doubt we’d have the clauses there, the clear out we will need in the summer will be ridiculous. Some amount of money has been wasted like. Prize money, attendances etc will all be down,  hopefully we can get a run in the Scottish cup to bring funds in

I can't say I'm too enamoured with this thread. Not because I don't think we couldn't go down, but because the prospect makes me feel uncomfortable. I hope the BoD feel the same and get their fingers out and do everything they can to bring in the best manager they can afford - an experienced manager with a good track record.

It might be a bit premature to be talking about relegation in November, but it would be absolutely stupid to be complacent. We hardly come into the "too good to go down" category.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, GG Riva said:

I can't say I'm too enamoured with this thread. Not because I don't think we couldn't go down, but because the prospect makes me feel uncomfortable. I hope the BoD feel the same and get their fingers out and do everything they can to bring in the best manager they can afford - an experienced manager with a good track record.

It might be a bit premature to be talking about relegation in November, but it would be absolutely stupid to be complacent. We hardly come into the "too good to go down" category.

Admin could you please delete this thread because it doesn’t meet GG’s acceptable thread  criteria. Thank you. 

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, Keyser Soze said:

Admin could you please delete this thread because it doesn’t meet GG’s acceptable thread  criteria. Thank you. 

Short answer is nope, it stays 😂

There's a real possibility we can be relegated and looking at our performances you'd have to be niave not to worried. 

It's obviously a concern and after Saturday it did feel a lot more possible, but I still say we have one of the best squads, overall, and a first 11 capable of competing with and beating anyone in this league.

That's why it's absolutely imperative they get the manager decision 100% spot on. Even with the best luck in the world, no team has any divine right to win games in this league, the toughest in the country IMO, and it's a league that can often bite you in the arse when you least expect it, as we are currently finding. 

I do think though, if they get it right, we will be fine. This opinion may change based on the decision the board reach on the vacant position...