The bunnet

rosythpar

Surely has to get manager of the year in Scotland this season?

Him and Pink have done an amazing job at Arbroath,taking them from near the bottom of league 2 now in a promotion battle to get into the premiership.

They have also trebled the season ticket sales and had to double the size of the hospitality.

I don't think he always gets the credit he deserves.

11 minutes ago, rosythpar said:

Surely has to get manager of the year in Scotland this season?

Him and Pink have done an amazing job at Arbroath,taking them from near the bottom of league 2 now in a promotion battle to get into the premiership.

They have also trebled the season ticket sales and had to double the size of the hospitality.

I don't think he always gets the credit he deserves.

Should be but lets Not forget Stevie G's tremendous achievement, getting a team that's only been fulltime less than a decade to a premier title and the later stages in Europe. Which will no doubt be the winner....

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Al k said:

Should be but lets Not forget Stevie G's tremendous achievement, getting a team that's only been fulltime less than a decade to a premier title and the later stages in Europe. Which will no doubt be the winner....

Yes Al k, however this new team has spent tens of millions on buying their title, sorry meant winning the title whereas Arbroath probably spend as much on the entire team as this new lot spend on one player. So in conclusion follow the money and I think you are right the new lot will will get all awards.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, worldwiderab said:

Yes Al k, however this new team has spent tens of millions on buying their title, sorry meant winning the title whereas Arbroath probably spend as much on the entire team as this new lot spend on one player. So in conclusion follow the money and I think you are right the new lot will will get all awards.

Millions they don't even have, again....

1 hour ago, GG Riva said:

I believe he applied for the Pars job after PG was sacked.....

Dick Campbell would love a shot at our club. Its been said so many times, "unfinished business" 

But I'm going to be controversial here with my reason why he won't get it.

The board are currently bedding into their roles. They're determined to help professionalise the club more, and this needs to happen. That'll be done their way, influenced by German football experience and their respective business experiences. I don't think Dick Campbell and his traditional Scottish demeanor, and the fact he cannot generally abide what he considers Board interference means there would be a clash. In his recent Podcast with Craig Levein, he said he'd walk from any job where a Chairman interferes. Thomas Meggle will oversee the football side. Longer the Fusball guys are in charge, the more influence we'll see from them. 

I don't think Dick will get a better fit with a club than he currently has at Arbroath. 

My personal opinion is, we should have had him in place few year back. 

• Upvote 2