Scottish Free Agents

Deutsch Par

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=190&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

Here is a list of Scottish players who are currently free agents.  Apart from Kevin Mcdonald (kidney problems that mean he might not play again) and Paul Watson (obvious reasons), is there anybody there you take a chance on? 

I am thinking maybe Caddis, Erskine and Doolan might do a turn on short-term deals until the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, Keyser Soze said:

I think if Caddis, Erskine and Doolan are the quality of players we’re in the market for we’d be as well accepting relegation now tbh. 

There isn't a lot to choose from tbf as January is an awful time to try and overhaul a squad but if we stick with the personnel we have then we would also be as well accepting relegation.  

Guessing we'll be seeing Tony Andreu in a Pars jersey soon enough... 

Edited by Deutsche Par
Additional thoughts

25 minutes ago, Grant said:

Doolan is miles away from the quality needed, in a position we've got plenty cover in. 

I get he is 35 and not played lots over the last three years for reasons I don't know but he did score 55 goals in the SPL with Partick over 5 seasons, so I can't agree that he is miles away from the quality needed. 

Also, we may have plenty cover, but they have all been warming the bench for weeks

5 hours ago, Raymie said:

I get he is 35 and not played lots over the last three years for reasons I don't know but he did score 55 goals in the SPL with Partick over 5 seasons, so I can't agree that he is miles away from the quality needed. 

Also, we may have plenty cover, but they have all been warming the bench for weeks

Aye, he had a really good scoring record. 

Had being the optimal word, he looked done at this level when he left Partick, and in the three years (and three different teams since) he's not made any impact and has shown nothing to suggest he's any good at this level anymore.